the byte community forums

You Won't Be Able To Upload To Youtube Anymore

I know this sounds like a gloom and doom post, but rather a warning, about the future of content creation as we head into the future, which is never invest into just one platform. If you look at youtube they’ve disabled the comments on many kid related videos, are eventually going to charge for live streaming via hangouts, and continue to push Youtube into a more netflix type platform. Post your thoughts below.

8 Likes

jokes on you, i live in a field and i already cant upload

11 Likes

They disabled the comments, therefore no user interaction between content creators and the subscribers. They should do something like they did to instagram. They introduced a new anti-bullying feature that I :heart:. Here is the link:

Some screenshots of the technology they use:

This is quite interesting where they can use Artificial Intelligence to identify negative comments. They could use these sort of ideas and implement on YouTube. :thinking:

9 Likes

changed from off topic to youtube & other services

5 Likes

Wait–ALL Youtube comments are disabled?

1 Like

Youtube is a complete mess of a platform that has become oversaturated.

6 Likes

This is why byte is superior, even though it hasn’t had a public release yet :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

That’s a joke lol please no flag

2 Likes

Not all of them,. You can read more about here:- More updates on our actions related to the safety of minors on YouTube

2 Likes

What do you mean, why can’t you upload to YouTube?

1 Like

I get where their coming from with this, but I remember listening to an investor conference from google either this year or last and their main focus this year was google drive. When youtube did come up they wanted to ask, why it didn’t make any money, due to it being the end of 2018 perhaps? Their response was medicore to say the least. The bullying thing is annoying I’ll admit, but that’s a discussion for another day

2 Likes

I’m flagging the moderator ! (JK) :joy:

2 Likes

Same thing is happening to instagram. That’s why I’m trying to focus on email, phone number, FB messengers contacts as my focus. Imagine if pewdiepie had as many phone numbers of his fans as he did youtube subscribers. He could literally say whatever he wanted then without having to worry the terms of service as much or silly community guidlines

2 Likes

Shonzi is the MVP of moderators.

1 Like

I feel like it’s cause we live in 2019 and people are now speaking out on things like how YouTube comments should be disabled because three years ago they didn’t care but I feel like they are trying to please people, and more importantly the parents

3 Likes

I feel like since Google bought Youtube and has owned for so long with all its users there’s that obligation to make it a profitable company, but all I heard this year from the CEO was the google home pod, and google drive was their emphasis this year

2 Likes

well at least we have byte

2 Likes

haha of course not. Well, not yet

1 Like

the doge has spoken

2 Likes

Jee, we all should move to VK.com , the music there is free, videos as well
I’m not really into paying for something
You know us, russians
But like
I have a collection of rare CDs of authors that I’m listening to
And I buy stuff as well like apps (not all of them lol)
I mean we have different mentality
If you want to download something just go to a torrent thing and its done
I’m like something in the middle, when you have installed KMS for the whole system, but you have bought the actual PPSSPP emulator

1 Like