the byte community forums

Working for byte

so @dom recently tweeted a job application for working at byte. this sounds amazing for who ever gets this amazing job opportunity! i would apply, but im too young :slightly_frowning_face:

18 Likes

Changed to #general-discussion since this is related to byte

7 Likes

I mean I did write some useful scripts to do things like automatically search me on famous birthdays when you click a link, and instantly click all the like buttons on a page here on the forums.

6 Likes

Yo that’s pretty lit, how do you do the famous birthday link search

7 Likes

If only i remembered coding and stuff :cry:

6 Likes

i’d honestly love to work for byte. would be a dream

5 Likes

congrats @dhleong! hope you have a great time working with the team!

9 Likes

Is this Cami?

4 Likes

no sir. ‘tis a dev who I recall hath been on the forums a while back. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

5 Likes

Cool an i aint no sir :mad:

4 Likes

aaaalso i just understood your question. that isn’t cami as far as we know. all we know for now is that cami is cami :blep:

4 Likes

Kewl :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I made a page with a basic search box, I had the value automatically be “Insyde” in it. Then I went into the source of the Famous Birthdays website and found the send URL, and I had my search box send its contents there. Then I made a button that automatically gets clicked as soon as the page gets loaded. Then I hosted that page on my own server, and made a short link to make it shorter and less menacing, and then sat back and watched the clicks roll in.

2 Likes

Yo arf. That’s the guy replacing Jacob?
The new coder for Byte?

3 Likes

so apparently they’re hiring 1-10 people for the position as listed on the page, and I believe Jacob did do the backend coding for it. so really anyone on the list(minus dom I think lol) is helping to fill in Jacob’s shoes for the app. I don’t Jacob could be replaced but at least his position on the app can be aided. :green_heart:

8 Likes

How does famous birthday work. The more the ppl search for you the more likely your rank would increase?

3 Likes

1-10 employees actually refers to the size of the company. It’s to let applicants know if the company they are applying for is a small business or a large corporation. I have an account with this website so I’m familiar with it. :hugs: -sunshine :sunny:

6 Likes

woops my bad. thank you :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

if they have one for content creator (video editor/podcast editor) I’m down

2 Likes

Well, if you are searched enough, they will add you to the database, there is a boost button that boosts your rank

2 Likes