the byte community forums

Will There Ever Be Another Musician As Big As Michael Jackson?

I really feel even a thousand years from now they’ll never be an artist as popular as mj ever. Drop your thoughts below

6 Likes

I feel like it would be stupid to say one artist is the best ever, since it depends on what you like, what genre, if all you care about is music or if you care about actions, impact on the future etc. Yes there will be and there have been.

7 Likes

Short answer, no.

5 Likes

Michael Jackson is the King of Pop and there will never be another.

5 Likes

I’d like to think there will be, but those artists will be unique in their own way. I think in a 1000 years people will still talk about Michael like we talk about historic figures for example because whatever your opinion on him is, musically he made a huge impact.

3 Likes

bts

3 Likes

michael jackson is an incredible singer. but down the line the new generation would look back at him and not know how big he was for all of us.

so the king of pop won’t be on his throne for much longer since the new generation thinks that some random pop singer that uses a whole bunch of auto tune is better than the king michael jackson.

3 Likes

As shocking as it is to people Katy Perry is the only artist so far to get on his level. She’s the 2nd ever artist to have 5 songs hit number on billboard from the same album. Her music changes with the times and she has music that all can like. Most people dont see her on the same scale as MJ but she is the closest thing there has been to him :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I mean maybe Elvis? But M.J. was still bigger imo. -sunshine :sunny:

3 Likes

The Beatles and Elvis already have been bigger in terms of verified record sales. In fact, the Beatles were way bigger than MJ, selling almost 220 million units in the USA, and Elvis sold almost 200 million, while MJ only sold 145 million units.

Also in the US, Rihanna, Eminem, and Taylor Swift have sold more than MJ has.

So yes, there have been, and will be more artists bigger than MJ.

3 Likes

unforutntely both we’re pretty messed up people. It’s almost like you have to be kind of loopy to be a creative

1 Like

idk if we’re talking about stats sure. But I feel like if asked people what their favorite mj song was vs, emienem, elvis, or the beatles, people can list an entire album they like by mj or 6-7 songs they like by him. I don’t see that with elvis or any of these other artists. when mj was at this peak some would argue he was more popular than jesus

1 Like

people in the year 3019 will hear mj and think he was the beethoven of our time. That’s an intersting persepctive

2 Likes

Really?

1 Like

i think as popular as these current artist were, when it came to michael people could name multipe songs by him. have yet to see that with other artists really

2 Likes

The Boys That Suck are the most talented people in the history of the universe, you frickin’ poppycock!!

1 Like

Yes, because there are musicians who were already as big or bigger than he was. The Beatles, The Eagles, U2, Madonna, Kylie, Springsteen, Prince… etc, etc.

1 Like

That was exactly my thought but I didn’t want to say it out loud

1 Like

Hee hee

1 Like

now i know what bts stands for