the byte community forums

Why is everyone hating on facebook?

I understand the privacy concerns surrounding it, but isn’t google doing the same thing? If you want a platform to be 100% free then the people who make these platforms need to make money off of it somehow. Also, it’s interesting how people bash this platform, but don’t realize Facebook own Instagram, and whatsapp. Share your thoughts below

bc “nobody uses facebook”.
it seems like a parasitic company compared to the mutual give-take relationship we have with google.

also cambridge analytica lmao

Lmao people hate it even more since the outage.

I just really don’t like Facebook I have it and view what’s people share from time to time I also like that when a animal or person goes missing every one shares it so people can help out if they see them but it’s just not for me I do like Instagram even if they are owned by the same company.

If you’re talking bout my thread, we were just memeing :joy:

In terms of business, I do not like Facebook. They want more money from you.

In terms of data management, I do not like Facebook how they manage the user’s private data.

In terms of correct data, I hate Facebook. It secretly records the user’s conversation, the movement on the app etc.

@Oren

I just really don’t like Facebook I have it and view what’s people share from time to time I also like that when a animal or person goes missing every one shares it so people can help out if they see them but it’s just not for me I do like Instagram even if they are owned by the same company.

My Response:

Feel more or less the same way.

@Tkwyoung

In terms of business, I do not like Facebook. They want more money from you.

In terms of data management, I do not like Facebook how they manage the user’s private data.

In terms of correct data, I hate Facebook. It secretly records the user’s conversation, the movement on the app etc.

My Response:

I feel you on many points on how these companies take a lot of info and always seem to want more and more. Can only imagine what it will be like when we hit a VR world one day

For me, it’s not hating, it’s just that I decide not to use it. I don’t care about it’s issues, but for me it’s a matter of personal and toxicity issues. Most of my relatives are there and I don’t want to share everything with them. And a few posts that I see there (it’s just in my situation okay) seems toxic and stupid, and I’m annoyed a bit.

I don’t like Facebook either, but I have to use it for personal activities. It’s just like half of the world discussing and sharing bad memes with eachother.

I like Facebook for doing Facebook Live and soon they might have update your wall status with voice instead of text that may cause a lot of hell in some groups

Mark Zuckerberg is a robot. We should all be upset. lol

@iaanyll

For me, it’s not hating, it’s just that I decide not to use it. I don’t care about it’s issues, but for me it’s a matter of personal and toxicity issues. Most of my relatives are there and I don’t want to share everything with them. And a few posts that I see there (it’s just in my situation okay) seems toxic and stupid, and I’m annoyed a bit.

My Response:

I feel ya on the point of toxicity at times that’s on FB. For whatever reason, whenever people have the ability to post text instead of only pics and videos like on IG, they want to pour their heart out and tell the world their problems.

@pL0x

I don’t like Facebook either, but I have to use it for personal activities. It’s just like half of the world discussing and sharing bad memes with eachother

My Response:

The ability to make text based posts for some reason, makes people want to be more negative, unlike when they shoot a video or picture

@paulghosts

I like Facebook for doing Facebook Live and soon they might have update your wall status with voice instead of text that may cause a lot of hell in some groups

My Response:

Yeah I’ve already seen alexa skills which let you read posts on FB. The voice thing will cause quite a lot of problems. Especially with pc police looking to make money on their next news story :joy:

@ShawdGawd

Naw man he’s a lizard :joy: