the byte community forums

When byte dies.... (How to survie the byte apocalypse)

This is not meant to be a negative post and I’m rooting for byte to be the next big app, however all business no matter how successful they are, fade away. As I’m speaking right now google adwords is losing to FB ads slowly but surely over this next decade. Byte could be making $100 billion in profit a quarter, 5 years from now, but all good things come to an end. To keep your business afloat as a content creator, you need to collect information which survives the platform. Have your own site/app, that you control and collect as many e-mails, phone numbers, and/or FB messenger contacts as possible. The attention will shift, but these 3 platforms will survive your platform. That’s all I have to say for now.

9 Likes

It’s very true! what you’re saying, but byte hasn’t even come out yet :rofl: :rofl:, hasn’t even been birthed yet, its life is just about to begin. Don’t worry we think about the future too, so we totally understand and your probably right. But don’t worry about the things you can’t control. We reckon its gonna be an awesome app. But you raised some great points :thinking::smile::anguished::grin:

8 Likes

changed from off topic to general discussion

5 Likes

damn thats too deep into the future, but obviously id have adapted somehow

8 Likes

Even though when Byte dies, there will be always a new platform similar to it that will take us in. I would only focus on the present rather than the future. Anyway, we are all in this together when we started and we will be there when it is ended.

4 Likes

Chances are that history will most likely repeat itself, in which much like successful Viners of the past, Bytestars will migrate to YouTube and/or Instagram and expand upon their careers from there.

6 Likes

I see byte as a key that will be able to open doors but not like THE DOOR.

4 Likes

Remeber there was an artist by the name of Ryan Lelsie who sold $2 million dollars worth of albums, by collecting phone numbers and messaging everyone on there when it was released. I made this post to give value and make sure people think macro, not micro. Imagine the viners who had 10 million followers from his 10 million followers, how valuable that info is. Not to mention there’s no algorithim blocking your phone texts (yet). Still rooting for byte

1 Like

Thinking long term is hard, but also think about this. You have 1000 phone numbers save it into your phone contacts then the latest new app comes out. When you make an account with them they’ll ask you to sync your contacts (your phone numbers of your fans). The platform will change, but those phone numbers won’t (for now). Now you can survive any platform.

1 Like

I’d much rather have more control. With email, FB messenger contacts, and especially phone numbers I’m not subjected to an alogrithim (yet). People have DMed me on IG and get blocked for no reason. When IG gets to 2 billions users its only going to get worse

1 Like

The door will be your email, phone numbers, and/or FB messenger list. If FB says you can make an account without e-mail and only phone numbers, which is happening with the newer apps, then e-mail will continue its already slow decline