the byte community forums

What wouldn’t you like to see on byte?

I’ve just seen people talking about what they would like to see featured on V2. But that makes me curious, what wouldn’t you want to see?

4 Likes

long videos. it kinda defeated the purpose of vine imo when it was introduced

15 Likes

Oh wait I just realized it’s WOULDNT, I probably wouldn’t want to see intrusive ads if there are any.

5 Likes

If monetization happens, I’d like for ads to only be as long as the content (if it stays similar to Twitter’s purchased app :wink:)

5 Likes

oh wow I completely forgot about the long videos. yeah that was something I personally didn’t like either. there were some good videos that came from it but it really wasn’t needed.

4 Likes

Bullying and drama

4 Likes

I don’t want to see drama nor bullying

2 Likes

“Swipe Up to View More”

7 Likes

v2 stories

2 Likes

Bullying, ads (bc boring af), and second that coment ^ stories would be very cliche.

3 Likes

boring ads, like those location targeting ads. I am in the city but it does not mean I understand or interested everything in that city!

Offensive videos, fake news videos. I don’t want to see racists to promote how correct they are.

The last one - Logan Paul. I don’t want to see someone who is disrespect to dead people and depression. He knows what he did. He doesn’t deserve second chances.

4 Likes

I don’t want to see currently big influencers such as musically stars come to the app and dominate. I want to see new creators as well on the explore page or whatever it’ll be.

8 Likes

This. Like those big celebrities can easily dominate the top / trending section. They just post trashy or meaningless content yet easily get likes or report.

People who are working hard to create content got no views at all.

That is extremely unfair.

7 Likes

the paul brothers have to exit through the door

5 Likes

If any content on byte is hand-picked by the byte team to be featured, I really hope that they don’t tend to repeatedly feature content with a similar style since that can, in turn, incentivise other creators to make this featured style of content to get famous, which would make the app very boring.

5 Likes

I was hoping for the square only format, but it’s not a deal-breaker that the full screen will be allowed.

I agree that Byte should not try and excessively promote ‘stars’. I also don’t like loop counts or follower counts or ‘stories’. Maybe each account can be allowed a slightly longer video each week (e.g. 9 seconds).

2 Likes

but there were loop counts and follower counts on :vine: lol

also there is going to be an option to hide follower count

4 Likes

Hate, and controversial topics.

4 Likes

Making your amount of followers your main goal. There was drama between creators on v*** previously bc the amount of followers became a competition. Which brings me to the second thing I don’t wanna see on Byte: the drama llama to rear it’s head

3 Likes

Nazis.

1 Like