the byte community forums

What was your first rejection like?

I wrote a love note to someone in elementary school and then they read it out loud to everyone in class. They then said they didn’t love me, I was humiliated lmao.

14 Likes

My biggest rejection went like this.

thank you for your speedy reply

11 Likes

Ive rejected people but never been rejected. Im to shy to approach

9 Likes

I asked a girl out, she said yes, about 20 hours later she gives me a note on a piece of paper basically saying “nevermind haha, not into you :crazy_face:

14 Likes

exactly 20 hours om

5 Likes

This was my best rejection

9 Likes

It was actually exactly 18 hours but who’s counting :sweat_smile::eyes::eyes:

6 Likes

I am single. But I never had a crush…

3 Likes

So I’m guessing you are talking about asking someone out and my first rejection was saddening cause I really liked the girl. She kinda felt right for me and we got so close and I messed it up before she rejected me. I kinda pushed her away more and more and it was like something I didn’t tell a lot of people and she didn’t either so I guess no one really knew but up until a while I go, I realized it was all my fault and the rejection just came along with the way I was acting towards her.

6 Likes

I didn’t realise it would be this sad Oml

4 Likes

Yeah :(((((

2 Likes

Devastating. I had to go out and put myself into situations where people had to answer “no” just to reteach myself that you can’t die from rejection.

Context. I put together a fully edited video. 15 minutes. Sourced music, royalty free, used effects. I was really proud of it. Totally free as well. I was trying to “prove my worth”. This dude ripped me apart. Called my work “low tier” and “not worth his time”.

Up until that point I had only cried like, four times in my adult life. I cried for a solid week after that.

I’ve had work criticized before. It’s not that. It was his tone. I had never felt worthless until that meeting. In front of other people, other artists. I was the first. I stammered an apology and just stumbled out. Brutal.

6 Likes

lmao imagine experiencing romantic attraction to other humans

11 Likes

I’m with @devynb

5 Likes

Mine happened without words and was pretty recent actually. It was kinda like @midn8ght’s situation but from the very beginning. Usually I’m too shy to approach someone and I would hope they would just fall for me first, but she didn’t. I always acted awkward around her because I didn’t know what to ever do or say, quite the remarkable play from me :+1:. She constantly tried to be outgoing to me but I always shut her out for one reason or another. It just kept getting worse and worse to the point where she just didn’t want to be around me and didn’t like me at all. every look I would get from her would be one of borderline disgust. we don’t talk anymore after that

really was all my fault but still hurts Also sorry if this makes no sense I have a headache and am incapable of proofreading atm :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Romantically? I took this girl out three times. My boy sent me a pic of her trying to swallow this other dude’s face. I called her up and asked “Why?” She called me fat.

Boy was I fat back then, but she wasn’t a spring chicken either. So I did what I always did and ate a couple of honey buns and played Halo.

7 Likes

“other humans” you got something to tell us Kylie?

4 Likes

I thought a friend and I would be like great friends but then they basically ghosted me and then the next text was telling me that we should probs stop talking since we didn’t go to the same school anymore rip .-.

3 Likes

I’ve never been rejected. I have that to look forward to I guess. How exciting…

2 Likes

I’ve never been rejected because I’ve never had the courage to say anything. And now I’m pretty sure she has a boyfriend, omegalul

1 Like