the byte community forums

What V2's name should be

Well V2 means Version 2 of V#ne. But Twitter owns V#ne. We can call it V2 but Twitter can sue us if people uses the word v#ne. So the best way to solve, is by giving a new name for this app. Because we should let the past go.

New names for V2 - View2Loop, LoopZone,
Loopsta, Loopbox, Ayx
Loophouse, VXV2

I hope @dom will like my ideas. Also comment if anyone has any ideas about the new name of V2.

7 Likes

for a while I thought the name should be changed, but now I believe v2 is a great name.

7 Likes

Actually I think it should stay as v2.

6 Likes

They need to find a PERF name for the app! :smile:

2 Likes

I quiet like loopsta but v2 is also great.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Please merge ALL name ideas onto this post,

thank you for reducing spam and duplicate threads :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i like v2, i think it’s the best fit. It stays close to Vine, but can’t really mingle too much in copyright issues :smiley::grinning::grinning::smiley:

3 Likes

What do these have to do with V2? Yexter? ikVx2?

3 Likes

The name isn’t going to be anything we say here unless we all agree on a name. v2 sounds nice because it’s become familiar now, but it’s still just a placeholder.

And I’ve said this before, but “Vine” is not a forbidden word that needs to be censored on these forums lol. It’s putting “Vine” + “2” together that is automatically blocked. It’s not like we censor “YouTube”, “Twitter”, “Snapchat”, “Instagram” or any other social media.

2 Likes

I have no idea.

2 Likes

Who knows? V2 sounds kinda nice, even though people will reference it as the 2nd Vine. @dom will probably think of the name somewhere along the line of “V2” but I would like to think that he won’t release it to the public until beta testing.

1 Like

The word “Vine” isn’t censored.

2 Likes

I don’t know why people do that, it’s not the official name so nobody can be sued right?

1 Like

Exactly. We don’t say “YouT*be” or “Twitt#r” loll

2 Likes

I don’t think Twitter can sue v2 unless the developers rename it to vne 2. If they kept it at v2 and users just called it Vne 2, that’s the users’ choice. The developers are not calling it that, nor are they asking anyone to call it that.

1 Like

V2 should be called Vyne because naming it completely different would upset a lot of people so I think Vyne is a fit. (atm)

1 Like

Name ideas here

2 Likes

Dom has already said no unfortunately, there would be copyright issues.

quote:

Again, this is just for fun currently, but names like Vyne, Vibe — basically anything overly similar to that app — won’t fly legally.

post is here Name ideas other than V2

1 Like

Now, I don’t always tell the future, but when I do, I’m right 85% of the time:

v2’s final name will NOT start with a V, but will still be monosyllabic (vine, dom, hype, etc) and/or an even number of letters (2, 4, 6, etc)

3 Likes