the byte community forums

What really describes Byte?

Honestly, what does? Is it a sequel to vine? Is it a continuation of it’s golden legacy? Or is it just not connected to vine at all, just similar in style?

I’ve just found it super interesting because I’ve been telling people about the idea of Byte and how close it is to getting released, and all of them have been disinterested and told me they are not planning to download the app at all because it just seems to be one of the two things about vine that I have mentioned and it doesn’t seem like it’ll be good solely because of that.

I even have a friend who’s a strong enthusiast in vines who was distraught by it’s shut down, and she absolutely HATES the idea of Byte because that’s how she sees it, and it kinda makes me feel sad and made me think about my opinion of Byte over this almost year and a half that I’ve known this app’s works.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of Byte and I’m definitely getting it when it releases, but the fact that people I know see Byte that way kinda just makes me a bit bothered, partly because they don’t see the same excitement and optimism that I see.

So, with that in mind, what really describes Byte, and does its description affect how we (and others) should really see the app?

TL;DR: people have been disinterested by how I’ve described Byte in the past, and it makes me worry about how the app will really turn out. it makes me wonder what really defines Byte.

(so sorry if there’s been a topic about this before)

7 Likes

Byte is the resurrection of v*ne. It’s a place where a bunch of us can accomplish goals and get full of opportunities. It is a supportive community and it is a place full of creative and funny people.

4 Likes

You’re absolutely right. I do believe though that there should be an answer to “Why should we use X when we have Y”

I don’t think that’s specifically for you to answer… but Byte definitely needs to.

In my opinion, we can form a more tight nit community than others have and that can be a selling point.

2 Likes

Feel like if done right byte will be everything vine did wrong, right when it comes out. There’s always going to naysayers, but I’ve seen even this forum from last year increase in popularity from several thousand users to now approaching 17k. None of the apps had millions of users when it very first came out like IG, Snap, or even Vine. People will always have their opinon on the future both good and bad

4 Likes

The byte is a unit of digital information that most commonly consists of eight bits. Historically, the byte was the number of bits used to encode a single character of text in a computer and for this reason it is the smallest addressable unit of memory in many computer architectures.

4 Likes

we fully understand now Kylie thank you :blush:

1 Like

1 Byte = 8 Bit … hahaha … sry

1 Like

hmmmmm :thinking:consider it a reboot. I loved vine too, but it was mishandled. I’m glad people remember the best parts of vine. They’ll come around. Byte is a beautiful homage but also an improvement.
There’s so much love put into this app…people will understand once it’s released. #ByteFam

1 Like