Some people say 1 some people say 9.
Let’s start with order of operations:

1. Parenthesis
  2. Exponents
  3. Multiply
  4. Divide
  5. Add
  6. Subtract
    We don’t have exponents or adding/subtracting (the addition operation already happened in the parenthesis step)

Ok, so following that we get:

6÷2(1+2)
6÷2(3) - parenthesis
6÷6 - MULTIPLICATION
1 - DIVISION

Some people say that the division is equal to multiplication. So M and D are grouped together. Example:

6÷2(1+2)
6÷2(3)
3•3 = 9

The general consensus in the math community is 1 because they have established that multiplication goes before division.

What do you guys think?

9 Likes

I was taught that multiplication and division are equal in terms of the order and that this point you just go from left to right. So like 6÷2•3 is 6÷2=3, then 3•3=9.

But if you were to think about it as a fraction, it would be 1. 6/(2•3)=6/6=1

6 Likes

too much math for me lets talk about byte :'D

4 Likes

the answer should be 1

5 Likes

Answer is definitely 1 :slight_smile:
thank you, next :rofl:

13 Likes

That’s what I say.

3 Likes

~~ The answer is (twenty) one ~~

6 Likes

Cba with math these days no clue maybe 0 idk

2 Likes

Just follow PEMDAS:
Parenthesis (Brackets), Exponents, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction

4 Likes

ye i got 9 idk what’s up

Remember 3 (3) is always 3*3!

1 Like

I think its 9 because the order of operations says parenthesis first then multiplication or divison from left to right. So you divide six by two then multiply it by the simplified parenthesis. I then checked the calculator to make sure. The answer is 9.

2 Likes

This is the last place I thought I was gonna debate math. lol
But the answer is 1.

2 Likes

the anwer is 15

I’m sorry bud, but the answer is 9.

3 (3)= 3•3= 9

What you just did was:

3 (3)= 3/3= 1

which is very wrong!

1 Like

This may explain it a little better for those who think 3 (3)= 1. Don’t forget to do your homework guys! :joy:

1 Like

I saw it as (6/2)x(1+2)=9. But you could of course write it as 6/(2(1+2)) which would equal 1. It goes to show that we have to be specific!

True, but since that isn’t the case the answer is 9. I think some people didn’t pay attention during their math classes! :joy:

Well, maybe this is what people need!?

1 Like

lmao I got Abraham Lincoln :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes