the byte community forums

Tumblr Q&A

Remember way back in the late 2000s I made an account on this app. My only question now is did any of you guys ever use this app? I remember back in my school, no one ever used it as far as I knew.

5 Likes

Tumblr had a reputation of being really weird and edgy back when I was in secondary, and I was influenced by these opinions, so no, I didn’t create an account.

7 Likes

i used to use it a lot. i still go on it now and then!
i think it’s a great social media platform, if not the best out there. there are so many features and it’s fully customisable. it seems to be very underrated these days :frowning:

• changed to youtube & other services
5 Likes

I remember my sister had one 2010~, I was too young to get one sadly, or fortunately as most the stuff posted on there would have haunted my mind for the foreseeable future

4 Likes

I made a tumblr account for the first time when I was 10 or 11? I think. I just remember following animal and nature blogs and watching my first p*rn there. It was a great site for me and I will always remember it fondly. It’s also the first place where I lied about my age on the internet. Honestly, It was my introduction to the internet. Those were good times.

2 Likes

I got on Tumblr I think around 2011, 2012 because I was a fangirl.
And I did what basically nearly every other fangirl did, I spent most of my days reblogging posts until my fingers hurt :rofl: :joy: . I still have my account and sometimes I’m curious to look at the stuff I used to reblog but at the same time, I know I’ll cringe so hard so I’d rather not look :rofl:

4 Likes

Still use it for stuff, mainly looking at aesthetic themes n all that, it’s a great place for creative people to this day from what I’ve heard

3 Likes

i have 3 accounts, mostly unused lol

3 Likes

Man, tumblr used to be a massive usage of my “social media” so to say. Haha I loved it, I don’t anymore because of a lot of different reasons, but I used to use it all the time. Had a lot of friends in it too.

4 Likes

it was one of those apps I created just because I saw a lot of people in the media talking about it. I’m surprised there’s even people talking about that app to this day

1 Like

whenever i think of tumblr i strangley think of twitter. I remember creatng an accont around the second year of its existence, but never thinking much of it. Heck my friends all made of twitter back in the day.

1 Like

When I heard about some news article about tumblr recently I just thought to myself: people use tumblr?

2 Likes

RIP those tumblr accounts :joy:

2 Likes

all i remember when i made an account was that I was on it for 50 seconds and thought to myself, this is stupid.

3 Likes

surprised by the number of people using it and at such young ages too, but as alexas skills replace apps, we’lll see another marketing trend on the internet

2 Likes

yeah that’s exaclty how I felt at the beginning too, I didn’t see the sense behind it. But I then started to like it after a while

2 Likes

Ive never used it but i know my sister still does

2 Likes

it will be interesting to see social media evolve over the next decade, and see how it evolves on devices like the amazon echo dot, or echo look

1 Like

I feel like that app was created more for angsty emo teens but that’s just me

1 Like

I find it to be literally the best social app out there (youtube at this point being counted as an entertainment app instead of social)

It’s a bit hard to understand once you first get on it, and until you find your communities and learn to customize your own experience. But once you know the lingo, the way it works, and once your network is kinda under control… it’s the best experience online.

Personally for me it has: Helped me connect more to my own country and culture, helped me learn a lot about writing and the writing/publishing community, discover a bunch of shows and movies, better understand social causes I rally behind/against, stay informed on the world and it’s news, and it’s the best place to go for analysis/essays on the stories I watch (right next to youtube on that one)

1 Like