the byte community forums

Thoughts on Lasso?

Hello all,

I recently came across the app that Facebook quietly dropped a few months back called Lasso. It has features that are quite similar to Tik Tok; however, it has a vine-feel to it.

What are your thoughts on this?

-Tommy

3 Likes

only cowboys use it

6 Likes

i say…don’t let an evil money hungry company get even more rich and spy on your data. there’s just no need

3 Likes

It was fun beta testing it while contracting at Facebook last year. :slight_smile: Tik-Tok right now is a better and more pop version of Lasso, and has been around longer. Bitsmash was great too but the community has really fizzled out. I cannot wait for Byte!!!

1 Like

whoa i didnt know about Lasso, i just tried out the app :flushed:

1 Like

tbh it never made it to my eye…as in… it is not popping enough for me to even consider checking it out

1 Like

there’s nothing wrong with familiarizing yourself with the current short-video app landscape

1 Like

they never even released it in the UK

2 Likes

My huge issue with this is that Facebook owns this app and they have the power of Instagram to boost this apps popularity. I already got ads for Lasso yesterday. That’s how I found it… it’s crazy I’m convinced it’ll blow up once more people see it.

1 Like

What’s that? I can’t find it. They don’t release it on my country, I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didn’t say anything was wrong with it

2 Likes

I was able to use it for 2 days in the UK until Facebook blocked me from going on it

2 Likes

Don’t use it. Guess FB is trying to figure out the next billion user app

2 Likes