They say Tik Tok is the new Vine! Haha

I don’t wanna make Bytefam jealous but yeah Tik Tok has some viral videos that remind me Vine. I think the reason why Tik Tok might never be the new Vine it’s because everyone use the same songs to be discovered and nobody talks in the video.

7 Likes

Look yes, Tik Tok is doing well, but I think Byte will also do really well my gut says so, there are always new apps servicing and were waiting for the right opportunity. The Byte community is so strong and we’re supporting it all the way, we think Dom is an intelligent entrepreneur and he worked hard to set up Byte so it’s just a waiting game. The Byter’s will let their success be their noise :ok_hand:

6 Likes

I think tik tok is less about originality and personality than vine was and byte will be. It has a similar format but I just don’t think it’ll ever be at the same level. I think byte and tik tok will work hand in hand rather than being a competition between which app is better. The byte community is a really creative and supportive one, not as clickish an other internet communities. That’s what I think truly separates byte from the other apps like it. I believe in byte and its community.

6 Likes

A lot of people will come to byte once they found out vines came back but with a different name. It will take some time though. A lot of us loves to make 6-7 second videos. Believe me or not, I plan on try to entertain people to download byte and tell them what it is, and also hoping that old viners will read my comment about byte to bring their fans to the app

7 Likes

I heavily agree with this…i got a strong feeling the people would want the old vine feel back…this time in full portrait mode and looking even much attractive

2 Likes

changed from off topic to youtube & other services

it’s really not the new vine. everyone who participated in bytes beta phases so far have said it’s got that real vine feeling, which it does

2 Likes

Why do y’all keep bringing up Tik Tok? :roll_eyes:
Vine died…then people migrated to musical.ly. END OF STORY :triumph:

It’s like being intimidated by somebody’s test scores BUT you haven’t even taken the class yet! :tired_face:
So please CHILL with the Tik Tok comparisons. We’re in good hands…

3 Likes

I agree with you, no one talks enough to become big through the app the most we’ve seen is a viral tiktok from some but even “tiktok” stars arent that well known. By this time in :vine: s app from when it started there were already big names we all knew (King Bach, Logan Paul, Lele Pons). But it seems more like people go viral but no one really stays that viral

2 Likes

That, and also it appeals more to kids. While Vine (and maybe Byte) is targeted towards for teens

2 Likes

TikTok isn’t and never will be the new Vine, people need to quit saying that. It’s so annoying omg.

Also Vine & Musically coexisted. Byte & TikTok (formally Musically) will coexist.

And I wholeheartedly agree with your post, Byte will be the successor of and be the new Vine because it is in fact designed by the Vine co-creator. Byte will feature originality and not making a parody off trendy songs hundred thousand times.

5 Likes

i think tik tok is just an extension of change and the times. if i was middle school age girl i’d like it, but i’m not so its just not for me as far as entertaining content goes

1 Like

It’s kind of funny to see people dragging TikTok because of lip synching videos with music. There was a lot of that on Vine, too. In fact, I’m sure Muscial.ly got the idea from Vine. There will probably be a lot of that on Byte, too. It’s fine with me.

1 Like