the byte community forums

Tagging the moderators on a topic or post

Hey guys, hope you’re all well.

I was debating on whether I should post this in the expert’s lounge or release this topic publicly, but I figured it would be better to make the entire forum aware of this ongoing issue, hence the topic being listed on #forum-feedback.

Remember, this post speaks for me personally - not the other moderators and forums team.

Recently there’s been some clashes regarding tagging the moderators on threads. Personally, I don’t mind being tagged, although I can’t speak for other moderators.

There is one solution that could avoid arguments and clashes: Rather than tagging us, just flag the post so we can overlook it. When flagging a post, you can provide your own reason or you can select an option. So if you think it’s spam, you can tick the spam box. If it’s inappropriate, you tick that box and so on. However, if you feel that a question has been answered and the topic no longer needs any more replies, you can choose the ‘custom’ option and input your own reply. We will take matters into our own hands following your request.

Flagging a post or topic does not mean that it should be should directly be deleted or unlisted, it means that said topic or post needs to be reviewed by a moderator or forums team member.

@kaden @arf, if you feel that anything on this post needs to be changed, you’re more than welcome to edit it.

21 Likes

^ Well said , I agree with everything above ^

6 Likes

I actually like this new system. :+1:

My only concerns are the abuse of flagging. (Will mods undo false flags?)
AND educating new members for the foreseeable future.

6 Likes

Thank you annam. Now can we go on that date?

7 Likes

please come collect your man

5 Likes

Yes. We have the ability to ignore flags. If a user implements a flag, the post will stay up. It’s up to mods to delete it.

4 Likes

On one condition. You come to my house with an extra large pizza, then leave.

7 Likes

Number 84 on reasons to end it all

7 Likes

number 38 wild

4 Likes

thanks, it’s definitely a better way :bowing_man:

3 Likes

Very nice

2 Likes

I like this so much👍

2 Likes

Thank you, @annam. I had based off my knowledge of flagging and closing topics off of what I had seen on the forums and off of what is on the FAQ, but I think this is a better system to use in order to avoid unnecessary, lengthy arguments over a simple call for a topic to be closed. Will be flagging instead of tagging a moderator from now on in these situations until any other TL4 says otherwise. :relaxed:

8 Likes

Thank you @lex. You’re responding to this with professionalism and owning up to your actions. You’re a true role model.

8 Likes

yikes, literally what i told @lex to do. use the ‘other’ option when flagging and add his reason.

2 Likes

He owned up, it’s ok.

4 Likes

It’s great. That could make the system more organized.

2 Likes

Yeah, I deleted my comment on ‘that’ thread didn’t mean to sound as hostile as I did. I love the forums and appreciate lex was just trying to do his part.

2 Likes

https://community.v2.co/faq#keep-tidy

2 Likes

Flagging is also anonymous (to the OP), ensuring there isn’t any hostility. I don’t think there should be an issue with anyone flagging as opposed to tagging. :+1:

5 Likes