the byte community forums

Support for Embed Media on byte 🖥

Before I present to you how byte should support embed media, let me first show you what embed media is.

webopedia.com explains this technological term best:

An embedded file refers to any type of multimedia file that you might insert, or embed into the Web page. This includes files like graphics and sound files.

When social media companies start up, they sometimes try to compete with other companies in order to stand out. However, embed media is definitely a website utility that administrators of any social media company tend to get really conflicted about since it’s also widely interpreted as a way of showing their audience which companies they support. As I have mentioned previously, I don’t think byte should be a competitive app, rather a collaborative one. To learn more about my stance on byte’s competitiveness, please visit the topic below:

Due to my stance on that matter, I believe that byte should support embed media from other social video apps, such as YouTube and Vimeo. This can definitely change over time, but I think it would be best if it were to be done only when these other platforms show disinterest with byte.

Do you think byte should support all embed media starting on public launch day or do you think the amount of embed media allowed should be selective by then? :clock1:

7 Likes

I do think Byte should support other platforms in their app and third party services

7 Likes

I’d go with all embed. More exposure you guys get, the better it will be for the platform. No reason not to spread the hype of byte

2 Likes