the byte community forums

Special badges?

Should v2 have a verified badge on more popular/ figureheads? Like how Twitter have the verified check?

26 Likes

I agree, and anyone in beta should get a verified badge too.

24 Likes

I agree but what would be the criteria for being verified? Like a certain amount of followers? I know instagram just gives it to you when they deem you worthy but you can apply to be verified on twitter. I kind of like the application process better. Thoughts?

10 Likes

I disagree with you there. Just because you were lucky to get into Beta doesn’t mean you should get something extra after. You get to test it early and that should be more than enough.

25 Likes

I think it will have verified badges since people do like to claim they are a certain person but who knows.

3 Likes

I am verified on most of my social media, would be great to see this feature return!

6 Likes

It would have to be some type of application that you would have to unlock at a x amount of followers or something similar.

6 Likes

I didnt mean it like that, I just meant that if you are a content creator, who is in the beta, it would be nice to submit a form to have V2 verify you so you can represent that you are really you (so people can create fake accounts of you). I agree with you that it shouldn’t be for just a random person who is like, I see everyone getting a verified badge, so why don’t I get one, that is not at all what I meant, what I meant was that any one who is a creator of some sorts who has a big following should submit on a form for verification, weather they connect via twitter, Instagram, youtube, or where ever else to connect and verify them selfs @dom

4 Likes

So you mean those that get a decent following during the beta could apply to get one when the app is officially released? I wouldn’t mind that. I just don’t want them to hand out badges to just anyone who was in the beta. I feel like being verified should be something that is earned.

5 Likes

I agree with this VERY much and anyone who had pre access to the forms should automatically have either access to they beta or a varified badge because I feel like we are contributing a lot here.

4 Likes

Yes! I think their should be certain guidelines weather not just limited to a certain number of followers, or views, or if their team thinks. But if you actually qualify for it.

5 Likes

V2 should definitely have verified badges, but who receives it is another question. I remember accounts that posted memes had verified badges (not that this was a bad thing, but why). Also don’t think just any person in the beta should get a badge

13 Likes

I think they had verified badges because twitter verified their account, I believe the only way to get a verified badge on the old vine was to connect via twitter. And you would get a badge if you were verified on twitter. I could be wrong, but I thinks that’s how it was done before.

2 Likes

this question was answered in another post.
see here:

2 Likes

im verified on nothing so, it would be nice to see

2 Likes

Everyone that actually contributes should get a badge for sure. If people just register and not actually contribute, they shouldn’t get one.

5 Likes

there should be like different badges almost like a badge for different things that people can earn almost like on snap but more public

1 Like

We are all unique. I don’t think just famous V2ers should be verified. This would cut trolls and make people responsible if they can only have one account.

1 Like

I like this idea! Maybe something like the Younow badges that change when users go to the next level!

3 Likes

I think it would be a good idea to have a verified badge. I do somewhat agree that the people who helped develop the app should be automatically verified, but it isn’t that big of a deal. I would rather work my butt off and get famous/verified then have it givin. But who knows what’s gonna happen.

2 Likes