the byte community forums

Softwares for Editing?

Howdy everyone!

I know this has been asked before, but programs change and tastes evolve so I’m wondering, what editing software are y’all using? I used to use WonderShare, but their latest version is trash. Consistently freezes and their only solution has been for me to uninstall the program and install it again.

I’m using Adobe Premiere Pro and I also dislike it but it doesn’t freeze when I’m uploading videos to YouTube or Instagram.

Kane out.

5 Likes

Yeah, I use Wondershare but it freezes and I’m not a huge fan. Waiting to get a MacBook so I can use FinalCut Pro :))

4 Likes

changed from general to off topic!

5 Likes

I figured it would be general as it pertains to video creation as opposed to “has nothing to do with Byte”.

My apologies.

3 Likes

Premiere pro is an amazing editing software, other great options are like fcpx (final cut), and davinci resolve.

Personally I use a mixture of all 3 or at least premiere and resolve. Mainly for color grading. It kind of depends on what you’re looking to do with the software, like lots of visual effects or vlogs can make a difference in some ways.

From my personal experience premiere pro seems to be the most versatile for all of these things, and you can have access to all other adobe products, but if you’re wanting to get rid of premiere, I’d say go FCPX. It’s easier to learn than davinci resolve, and if you’re on a Mac, it runs suuuuper smooth. :slight_smile: hope this helps!!

3 Likes

It does. Thank you.

2 Likes

I personally use Hitfilm. There is an express version that is free and still has most of the stuff in the full version. Also combines Premier Pro and After effects into one program, so no switching programs constantly. For super long 4K vids the entire program slows down (not my pc) but I’ve found export times on shorter vids to be way better then PP and AE.

Edit: also not 52 bucks a month. Full version is $200 or $300 one time purchase.

2 Likes

Another to add to the list. Appreciated.

1 Like