the byte community forums

Snapchat is Dying

Along with the other social media platforms such as IG with over a billion users, FB over a billion users, Twitter has over a 126 million users, and Snapchat has over 186 million users. I think it’s safe to say social media hype is over and a new trend is emerging. If Gary Vee is right then voice marketing thru Amazon alexa and Google home pod, or some other smart speaker will be the next big marketing trend. Share your thoughts on this topic below.

7 Likes

Where did you get your stats from? Just curious.

8 Likes

Imaging snap dying

Anyways gm streaks :sunglasses:

9 Likes

yes snapchat is dying with 186 million DAILY users

12 Likes

186m users is still a lot of people. Just imagine twitter, which is a super popular social media site, has 126m users, and your stats showed snapchat somehow surpassed them.

8 Likes

He was being sarcastic :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Is Google really going to force people to listen to audio ads on those devices? One more reason to not buy any Google products.

5 Likes

changed from off topic to youtube & other services :call_me_hand:t3:

4 Likes

Correction: until Snapchat revitalizes their brand with a new product/service or one of the other platforms experiences legal issues, they will not be as grandiose as Facebook or Instagram (which is basically Facebook).

6 Likes

They have the highest daily engagement of any social media network. The average user spends over an hour a day and that is increasing still. Their ad program (where they make money) is also increasing in revenue dramatically. They’re also losing less money than other startups like Uber and Airbnb.

2 Likes

I just remember a bunch of poor suckers new to investing buying stock in snap right before they rolled out their new garbage ui.

2 Likes

What makes me confident is that the owners still own a majority of the stock, and they’ve learned from their mistakes in the past. If they make another, their company is gone, so they’ll be really careful.

3 Likes

For FB stats, this is coming from FB itself: https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2018/09/inside-feed-designing-for-2-billion/. For IG for reaching a bilion users it relased IGTV: https://instagram-press.com/blog/2018/06/20/welcome-to-igtv/

3 Likes

You’re right it’s a lot of people, but Snap is struggling, still and it’s been around for 8 years. Maybe things will change, but only time will tell.

1 Like

FB ads is their direct competitor with ads right now. I talked to a lot of marketing agencies and they said even with black hat google adwords aint really working like it used to and moving onto FB ads. Maybe the google homepod won’t take over, but smart speakers will be the next big trend if Gary’s predictions are right.

1 Like

Where did you get Twitter stats from?

1 Like

if anything is dying it is youtube

3 Likes

They’re disabling comments, got rid of the messenging system (not that anyone used it.) In due time they’ll try to convert it into a netflix if they keep at it, but I doubt it will work

3 Likes

and they are censoring us. they used to say “Broadcast Yourself.” now we can’t.

3 Likes

I feel like the internet is becoming hollywood where the only you’ll be able to make it is thru relationships and connections. I think the days of anyone being to upload content online is slowly dying over the next 20 years. Eventually we’ll be creating our own apps as indepent creators instead of web sites.

2 Likes