the byte community forums

Should we ban “dank memes”

A lot of “dank memes” have a lot of offensive “jokes” like making fun of 9/11, people and more. Should we ban them?

Edit: after the attack, I don’t know how you can laugh at that. You are just as bad as him.

18 Likes

No way that’s what keeps the world rolling!

43 Likes

And fighting :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Maybe have a “Dank” category under the Discovery page

38 Likes

Just the racist ones…

23 Likes

Maybe maybe

4 Likes

Of course not. This world is already so politically correct.

15 Likes

Here’s a good idea! Maybe subscribe to the category’s you want to see as posts

24 Likes

There are some that take it too far like joking about the Holocaust and things of that nature, but there are some that are all fun so there should be a little bit of restriction on jokes about serious things. V2 rules are pretty good when it comes to offensive jokes. I know people are sensitive these days, but at the same time you can’t make everyone happy.

15 Likes

I’ve Mcfallen is a funny meme! Thanks for the feedback

7 Likes

I don’t think jokes should be created about serious things. It’s just not professional or respectful. It will offend a lot of people and nobody wants negativity on V2.

8 Likes

No way! I love dank memes. Offensive jokes can be funny too. Not every joke is for every person though. And it is only a joke. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I didn’t Intend to sound rude just then

5 Likes

There’s also a line you don’t want to cross. A lot of known people with a big platform have said offensive things even though they were joking. Just think about it.

16 Likes

recategorized to general discussion,

and this would discriminating against a certain type of content or creator, which is not something a service would want to do

17 Likes

Dank memes is the best thing created, just make a censor or an agreement before watching or viewing them.

7 Likes

I would love to see an “Edgy” category for those of us with dark humor.

21 Likes

i don’t know about dank memes because Vine 1 basically birthed dank memes that people still quote to this day. But i do believe that Fan/topic accounts should be banned. Those accounts posted funny vines from “famous” viners and took snippets from everyone’s favorite shows (such as family guy, Rick& Morty, and so on). These people put no effort in to their vines and profit off of others hard work, and i believe that they should not be allowed to use the platform.

11 Likes

Having dank memes on vine would be sweet af. But like @Gabriella said, it could be taken too far. Trust me, I like dark humor alot but there are some that can cross the line from being funny to being disrespectful.

12 Likes

Definitely not, those are hilarious

8 Likes