the byte community forums

Should V2 v***rs have the chance to go live?

Twitter, Instagram And Facebook have the option to go Live. Should V2 also?

9 Likes

No because V2 should be a unique app, not a sellout.

19 Likes

Maybe. I never saw it as a bad thing. But on a precious app like v2 no.

3 Likes

I don’t think live video would bring new or unique experiences to V2 but rather would be an imitation of Facebook, Insta, Pariscope, etc.
Let’s keep that out of V2

7 Likes

people already have so many platforms to go live on, every app doesn’t need to do everything.

2 Likes

V2 shouldn’t be like other apps, I think it should stay unique when it’s launched

4 Likes

Well, the problem with lives is that, if somebody will want to make a live he won’t do it on vine, i think instagram and facebook, are better for these things

2 Likes

I agree… I’m a Facebook Live content creator and I wouldn’t go to ■■■■■ to be live… BUT I would create fresh and new content for ■■■■■ and that’s my plan.

2 Likes

I think this space is already very developed. I think v2 has a lot of unique aspects to bring to the table, and that live video shouldn’t live in this app.

2 Likes

I agree and I wonder if there were anyway I could get my hands on the app in the beta stages…

1 Like

I have one thing to say:

• NO
2 Likes

Instagram and Facebook are best for live. Even Youtube Live and Twitch are good to use for streaming.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessary. v2 should avoid “live” and “stories”

1 Like

Haha that would be so funny tho, able to go live for only 6 seconds. “ Yooooo it’s yo boy!!! Quick ask me a questi-“ (end of live stream) it’ll be the best random pointless feature on an App

7 Likes

I think there are enough places where you can go live, and it would take the focus of what v2 is for. (posting short videos)

1 Like

No please!

1 Like

There are really mixed opinions on this, but if vine could somehow make live streams unique it could be a good idea, but like either make it a trial or roll it out slowly like instagram did.

2 Likes

Probably would be a good idea, but it’s going to be like other apps

2 Likes

I agree. I also don’t think it makes that much sense if the format of V2 is similar to that of the original vine. The draw to vine was how short the videos were in the first place.

1 Like

I don’t think so, just because so many other apps already have this feature. If v2 ends up staying true to what made Vine unique in the first place (bite-sized videos that loop forever), it might be better off doing its own thing instead of trying to shoehorn in popular features from other platforms.