Public favor of Tik Tok has changed drastically in the last 2 weeks

Public favor of TikTok has changed drastically in the last 2 weeks. On social media (mostly twitter & youtube) public opinion of it went from grossed out to lukewarm in what just feels like the last few weeks.

I heard both Jenna Marbles and Dobrik discuss their approval of TikTik explicitly on their respective podcasts this week, Kombucha girl is a bona fide meme from the app and I see more and more existing creators jumping on board enthusiastically every few days. Vox and The Verge have posted articles about ByteDance [TikTok’s parent company] and their endeavors frequently.

What does this mean for our community?

6 Likes

I don’t it means anything much to be honest because byte it’s a separate and completely different thing from tiktok :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ve been noticing that as well. Personally I think it’s gaining in popularity cuz more and more people are joining the app to make actual funny content. As for our community, well, I think it’s great for people to go on tik tok to test the waters a bit and see what vids do good or not. It’s not that bad to go on another app but a lot of people think it is bad cuz of the amount of baggage tik tok holds cuz it used to have and still has lots of cringey content but I really do think it’s improving which is cool. There’s nothing bad with being on both byte and tik tok. Obviously my loyalty resides with byte, but it took me a while to realize that tik tok isn’t as bad as everyone thinks lol it was really hard to download the app and it took time for me to get accustomed to it but I don’t think it’s toooo bad lol

7 Likes

the app itself if you include muscially is only 5 years old. It’s like IG in 2015, or YT in 2010 meaning the non paid reach on there is really big. You’ll get more views on there for even a medicore video on there then if you were to start form scracth on the first three platforms I mentioned. It’s like here on byte. The first people to get to the first 100 posts here on byte will eventually become the next big creators on the app becuae they were first not becauses they were the best

2 Likes

Interesting take indeed. I’ma have to agree, tiktok is really not all that bad… I see myself spending hours on it lmao

Tho for some reason never bothered posting…

1 Like

I’m “relatively” big on TikTok but I’m still really dying to jump on Byte. Would love to be there from the beginning and watch it grow!

1 Like