the byte community forums

Poll: Do you connect to v2.co with

• Discourse Mobile app
  • “Add to Home Screen” icon

0 voters

I mean I use both, but I have the add to home screen thing :yellow_heart::pancakes:

3 Likes

I hadn’t even thought about adding to home screen, have done it now!

3 Likes

Omg I didn’t know there was an app for this :joy: I just added to my homescreen

5 Likes

Same. I normally open the add to home screen icon, because I like the filled in (almost cross-hatched) look of the icon :blush:.

3 Likes

The very first time I opened the forum on my phone’s browser it automatically added it. It took me a bit to find out where It came from.

3 Likes

There is :slight_smile: and you can save multiple discourse communities you’re a part of.

3 Likes

Looks like it’ll be useful, does it make a new tab every time you open it?

3 Likes

Nope, no extra tabs every time you open it. What it does is acts as a liter mobile app. You’re still directly connecting to the v2.co site; minus the app download.

2 Likes

I used the ‘add to home screen’ icon back when I had a phone, but now I’m using my laptop.

3 Likes

Oh cool! This is the only discourse community I’m a part of so I guess I dont need the app haha😂

3 Likes

My personal opinion (nudge nudge) try the app out, too. One thing I didn’t say is it gives you a number for notifications. A number for new, and unread topics. You can see previews depending on your lock screen settings. You can be pretty well caught up with the app.

3 Likes

add to home screen is gr8!

i’m currently on desktop thoo

4 Likes

I see. Maybe I’ll download and try it out anyway. The notification thing would be very helpful indeed cuz it doesn’t seem that the home screen icon does that. Thank you for the info :blush:

2 Likes

App screen all the way

2 Likes

App for the notifications

2 Likes

I just use it on the desktop. I turn off notifications since they are too many people liking my replies… :rofl:

3 Likes