the byte community forums

Please pray for me

Also, there’s an off-topic category for a reason. I don’t think Dom will be satisfied to know that people like you are harming the positive vibes of this community

1 Like

good luck. study a lot and give your best on that class. Don’ forget to tell us if you passs.

2 Likes

I’m studying and still have trouble. I’ll be studying harder. Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I’m typing this in my free time.

You basically contradicted yourself in the first sentence. Anyway, I understand where you’re coming from, but in no way did the person ask for God to help themself pass - they asked for prayers so they didn’t have to repeat ninth grade or go to summer school. Always read before making a point

1 Like

Where does praying originate from? When you pray, who is the prayer going to? When people pray for something, who are they asking? At this point you’re digging yourself a hole.

Dude it’s just a figurative speech. I am just saying wish me luck give some advice. Chill out.

3 Likes

Keep it friendly, he was only asking for some support. Nothing to get worked up about.

2 Likes

There is a difference between being realistic and being belittling. Snide comments to someone who’s in a tough situation does not fall in the former. Supporting someone who is in a tough situation does not equate to being all sunshine and rainbows either

That being said, @64angelwolf what have you been doing to study? If you’re more of a visual person like me, write down questions and answers on index cards! Writing it in your own handwriting should help and after completing a set of 25-50, go over them and test yourself.

That method helped me pass my real estate exam which is the hardest real estate exam in the US

Another idea that worked for me is to get a quizzing app. See if there is one that has what you need to know and complete one quiz every few hours and review (:

Try to find a method that works for you (:

2 Likes

To add onto @nogud’s post, quizlet is a great studying app and make sure to search kahoot beforehand to see if there’s a premade game made for the material you’re learning!

Thanks for everything you just said! I have spoken to my history teacher today and we worked stuff out!

1 Like

The sunshine and rainbows comment was made in regards to the entire forum, not just this post. Loads of people expect everyone on here to be so ‘World Peace’ about everything. They don’t think about the fact that this is a forum with over 10,000+ people and that everyone has different personalities. Not just talking about me either, I’ve seen so many people’s posts gets flagged for their opinion simply because people don’t agree with it, so they result to practically censoring the person. And yes, there is a difference between being realistic and belittling someone, however you can also be/do both. That’s the equivalent to when someone makes a comment, then says ‘I’m not being rude, I’m just being honest’, as if you can’t be both at the same time.

1 Like

Just stop. Experts had to get involved, isnt that enough? Yes we get it - you have a point. I understand it. But theres no need to create more

3 Likes

well said,unfortunately some people won’t stop when it comes to petty arguments

3 Likes

Yessss, I’m happy to hear that :smile:

and if you need anymore help or support, don’t hesitate on asking! (:

1 Like

There are plenty of different personalities on here, absolutely. That is 100% not an “okay” to be rude to people though. As the quote goes

It is not what you say, it is how you say it

Plenty of people on this forum have shared dissenting opinions prompting discussions without belittling anyone or their opinions. There have also been people making backhanded comments which are always transparent, so of course, as per the V2 guidelines, they will get flagged.

I, myself, have had dissenting opinions and shared them but I try to be aware of how they are coming across.

Maybe it wasn’t your intention to be belittling but mocking someone does portray that which is why people were addressing you

2 Likes

god works in mysterious ways ! you need to figure out why you are failing. nonetheless, i’m praying for you !! p.s. you gotta study and retake things under a 70. x

1 Like

Guys, calm down. I’m not sure @Tyrellv2’s intent was to belittle the thread creator. He/she merely stated an opinion. Of course, it’s not what you say, but how you say it, but that comment didn’t really seem like hate speech in the first place. It was more of a suggestion, and even though many of us don’t agree with it, we really shouldn’t write it off as belittlement just because we could’ve said it better.

2 Likes

I wish you all the best. I think you need to immerse yourself in the material. Don’t force it, just soak in it, if you know what I mean.

I’m sure this isn’t helpful because we probably were taught different history topics but which topic are you doing?