the byte community forums

More Specific Subcategories

Currently the only subcategory that we have on the forum is the #general-discussion:announcement category within #general-discussion, however I think that adding some more could be useful!

For example, when #off-topic was created, it was made to include games, memes and other stuff not related to byte, but it just sits in one topic.

We could add subcategories to #off-topic such as #off-topic:memes, #off-topic:games and #off-topic:jokes which would let users find exactly what they’re looking for.

There could also be subcategories for #idea such as #idea:graphics or #idea:teams.

Subcategories could also be added to #promote-yourself for say #promote-yourself:youtube or #promote-yourself:instagram.

Basically to sum up, subcategories can just allow people to find what they’re looking for much easier, and could also allow users to completely ignore specific subcategories if it isn’t something they’re interested in!

13 Likes

I believe there was suppose to be a questions catergory. Idk if Dom ditched it last second

6 Likes

The year is 2036 dan is on his 238234 post

8 Likes
7 Likes

I really liked the Question category back when it was still a part of the category list! It was really helpful to differentiate direct questions from discussions. I think that if any specific subcategories are added to these forums, there should, at the very least, be a Question subcategory added to every existing category except for the Promote Yourself category and the Vids category.

4 Likes

Unrelated but where’d y’all get the circles around your profiles :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

I googled Instagram story ring pfp maker

2 Likes

ahhh thanks dude

2 Likes

Just for an idea of how subcategories could be added

6 Likes

Looks cool :eyes:

3 Likes

i like it

3 Likes