the byte community forums

Login Music & Menu Sound Effects

Will byte have login music, or menu sounds (with the option to mute)? I’d really like some looping instrumentals for the login screen, and to hear some sound effects when pushing buttons.

9 Likes

i’m not sure i’d like that, just kinda distracting from watching bytes and stuff. i’d like it on the login though! and i would maybe like a little sound effect when pushing buttons, but nothing too big and loud.

9 Likes

it would be optional if it were to happen tbh. the user decides to have it on or off, then no one can complain :innocent:

6 Likes

Definitely optional, and I agree with you too @motocross; it shouldn’t be heard simultaneously when viewing a byte. Strictly heard when using menu options (nothing with keyboard interactions). I wonder if Music Maker could be added to byte, and used as selections for menu sounds the same way in app as we’re able to with cellphone keypad sounds?

3 Likes

So like something similar to the soundscapes that playstation uses?

2 Likes

What are soundscapes?

1 Like

Have you ever been on a PS4?

4 Likes

I have (maybe twice), but I don’t own one; how are they used in PS4? The wiki describes it as:

A soundscape is a sound or combination of sounds that forms or arises from an immersive environment.

0 Likes

I like the idea of music on the login screen :+1:

1 Like

one example

2 Likes

I see :thinking:. I was thinking something like this (without background ambiance, or soundscape). You would hear a sound effect when you move a menu, or click any menu buttons.

3 Likes

that’d be niceee

2 Likes

I’m sure I remember Dom saying that automatic background sound is the worst thing to exist, I could be wrong

1 Like

I agree, keep that to game consoles and that

3 Likes

I’m more of a Function over Style kind of guy when it comes to apps, like maybe 2 years into byte’s life cycle, but this is the type of stuff you really don’t think about when you make a social app, more for videogames :rofl:

1 Like

This is the analogy I originally went with, but got skewed.

0 Likes

I agree with you @Danieru. The idea is more of customization on the Style [form] side. In my opinion a way to make the app sound fresh, or amusing for the user.

0 Likes

Wii music

0 Likes

What i’m asking for @Chabe is the addition of customization for touch sounds.

Nothing video game related. Only using another one of byte Staff’s existing app’s sounds as options for customizing the touch sounds for byte app.

0 Likes