the byte community forums

List of most followed byters

Note: This topic is inspired by the following topic:

Hello everyone :wave:,

I’ve been recently thinking about what could happen if we were to implement a list of the most followed byters (or other lists along those lines, such as a list of trending users or a list of new users) on the explore page of the app. It would make byters more motivated to post consistently and add a layer of competitiveness to byte that can make the app grow faster. However, like all sorts of popularity contests, the way in which the community interacts with each other might change in order for some users to achieve their end goal (or one of their end goals) on byte, which is fame, easier. :spiral_notepad:

What do you guys have to say about it? Are you for this feature or against it? :memo:

14 Likes

I am honestly on the fence. Once the app gets started that could be fun, but will quickly get overshadowed by all the older creators and stuff who will pull in numbers fast. I mean, imagine a list like that with facebook or instagram now. I think itd be a little disenheartening to new creators when they see kylie jenner has the most or whatever lol

15 Likes

Good idea really digging it

2 Likes

I’d have to agree. If there are new artists who are just getting off the ground and haven’t found their niche yet, or their one famous byte, they may feel super put down if people are following XXX at exponential number and not them.

6 Likes

I’m only going to focus on myself, my videos and my friends who’ll collab with me.
Byte isn’t supposed to be a competition. It’s supposed to be a collaboration.
Besides, the most followed Byters won’t be a secret because we’ll all know. lol

7 Likes

Even with old creators on the app, new creators are always given a chance to achieve the spotlight. Think about it like this, older users of v*** went to Instagram and YouTube but that didn’t overshadow any new artist, creator or whatever from coming up. On the contrary, some of the old V**ers have started to lose traction because of how frequently they post their content or what content they post. Personally, I don’t believe a “Who’s Hot :fire:” feature would be bad. Nor, showing who is the most followed.

5 Likes

I like the idea, but we need to know how the people interact in the app first

5 Likes

I agree with this

1 Like

I like the idea, but just to conserve privacy, I think that only the people who have their followers public would be on the list though.

5 Likes

I absolutely love that idea yo, definitely would motivate people to create

1 Like

I love the idea. Also, I think that there should be a “rising byter/s” section.

4 Likes

that’s actually going to be a thing.
michael shared a sneak peek of the explore tab on twitter.

5 Likes

Those are 2 types of lists pertaining to what I’m talking about, but I emphasize mostly on a list of the most followed byters. Still very exciting info, though.

5 Likes

I think the solution to that is to not do the most followed, but trending creators.

4 Likes

Yeah i am FOR SURE on board with trending / on the rise creators!! I think its great to see that listed. maybe a “followers gained this week” or something? like a constantly resetting leader board?

5 Likes

Yea that’s why I love it, because they have it considered

2 Likes

Yea that’s also what I have in mind

2 Likes

Yea. There are good creators with little following that deserve the exposure

1 Like

I think that its good for small creators that consistently post good content, just so long as it doesnt highlight creators with 1 or 2 good bytes and then a bunch of really subpar trashy ones. Kind of like TikTok

1 Like