the byte community forums

Is this app a copy of beta?

Ok, Foto is an app made by the guy who used to be head of muscially for north america, and if you were on beta, or watched any videos about it, you may recognise the layout…

What do you think

• Coincidence
  • Not Coincidence

0 voters

14 Likes

the tea is hot today :coffee: :eyes::eyes:

11 Likes

This doesn’t seem like a video app though so :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

The UI is a copy, which is pretty rotten. Lucky its just a photo app not a looping video app. My blood was about to boil y’all. :rage:

14 Likes

Looks a lot more like Musically/TikTok than Byte.

5 Likes

Spies/lurking type beat :sunglasses: :eyes:

6 Likes

Hmmmm…

4 Likes

awful. definitely a rip off

6 Likes

Okay! That (I think) is out of line, the heart and the comment art is the same art in Byte! Its only photos though but if they move onto videos, SUE THEM ALL…I guess…

3 Likes

I see enough differences to the app. Also how could someone make an app that seamless with this little amount of time since the beta?

4 Likes

dom shared plenty of screen recordings of byte on twitter ages before beta dropped. he could have been keeping an eye on doms twitter

7 Likes

Not uncommon, since we know about that interaction with tiktok giving him their beta lol

5 Likes

definitely the same…very unschwifty if ya ask me

2 Likes

haven’t seen byte’s beta interface :thinking:

2 Likes

well let’s just say that in the beta tests it was similar

6 Likes

Low key thought that was you with the glasses :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: @azadei

5 Likes

Omfg, ANOTHER DOPPELGANGER :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

There’s no way in hell this isn’t a coincidence. The interface is extremely similar. Even the scrolling is the same. As much as I want to say they may have been coded the same way, it seems to be too much of a coincidence.

5 Likes

Imagine developing a very popular app that everyone loves, then a large company buys said app to turn culture to $$ but flops it because they ruined the experience and the OG devs dropped out for their own reasons, so now they’re back at it with another amazing app and are hoping that big companies have learned their lesson: leave them to their passions and stop trying to kill culture by trying to be business/culture relevant with acquisitions

7 Likes

This is foul :triumph:

2 Likes