the byte community forums

Innapropriate forum names

I’ve noticed some inappropriate forum names.
There are multiple f-bombs and n-word forum names.
Now I’m not sure if there is any way to auto delete these names, or if you have to manually delete them, but I think we should figure out a way to deal with this before a new influx of people from the byte app coming later this year.
Sure it’s not causing a big problem now but if people from outside the community look in and see people with those usernames the forums and the app’s reputation could be affected.

16 Likes

People are always going to make inappropriate names on any platform. The question is do the app creators care?

12 Likes

Sadly @alleyredd is right, people are going to make those names whether we like it or not. But Alley does have a good point, the app creators can make certain words unable to be used for usernames. Kinda like animal crossing in a way haha

7 Likes

idc about the names but im just bringing it up incase the mods wanna do anything

5 Likes

on the forum theres those names, idk about the apps name system.

5 Likes

i think Fvids is an inappropriate forum name ngl

3 Likes

ikr, lets BAN him

3 Likes

Boy oh boy :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ur digging ur hole so much deeper now !

2 Likes

I’ll do something about this for sure.

3 Likes

If we we’re to deal with the problem I would suggest maybe a filter that takes care of names like that?

2 Likes

Personally I don’t think that the ‘f word’ needs banned, or anything like that. The forum is 13+, and like some if not most of you, I knew of and used that word way before I was 13.

5 Likes

not fuck, the other f word, of course i knew that word too.

2 Likes

ahhhhhhhh, to be honest was genuinely confused as to why fuck was censored all of a sudden. yeah I agree that all slurs should be banned in usernames

2 Likes

The beef is only beginning to boil between you and Ahmed

2 Likes

But Seymour Butts is perfectly fine, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I want us all to be a strong smart family /community using swear words and being rude / childish to others shouldn’t be what are made out to be ! Show love and creativity and bind this family together and make it strong #ByteFam

2 Likes