the byte community forums

I have an amazing idea!

I like scrolling but id be open to new things

I think this is a pretty cool idea! Like most other people in the thread, I prefer scrolling, but I’m down to try something new

I don’t like this idea at all. Thousands of mistakened swipes will be done each day, which would make the creators of them look bad. Besides, just because someone doesn’t ‘like’ something, doesn’t necessarily mean they dislike it. This would throw content into two categories of ‘love’ and ‘hate’. On other sites like instagram, facebook, etc… you just scroll past them if you’re not interested or if you don’t feel a certain way about the post. On youtube you wouldn’t watch every single video to then dislike or like it, some videos you just feel neutral about. This also increases the swipe spam, even if it is capped, there will be people who will just keep swiping one way, more specifially: trolls that’ll keep saying everything is ‘bad’, which can hurt the creators. Then again, having a spam system in place stops people from free roaming the app. I’ve had days where I’ve just stayed in bed and been on social media for ages scrolling through different posts. I’d be so annoyed if it was capped at 50 posts or something and I’d have to wait just for the sake of having a swipe feature.

Wow, I take my words back. I didn’t even think about this. This is very true.

Good idea!

It’d be nice as a separate section to have.

I think a great way to put this into the app would to have two different sections. Your normal timeline where you see people’s videos that you follow and just scroll through them. Then another section. It could be like an explore page where it shows you a random video probably from “artist On the rise” and can swipe left or right and then uses an algorithm to get you your favorite artists and videos. Also swiping right can like it but swiping left has no affect

Lol I said earlier 2 different sections plus you would get limited amount of swipes per day and maybe even the chance to go back 1 and it wouldn’t spam because of limit

Oh, geez. I didn’t see that, woops.

Would be awesome if you read all my posts in this section about it and read the whole thing, Thank You, please don’t criticize before you read the whole thing

hey can you help me with posting i have no idea thanks

Check your notifications for discobot and follow what it says. It gives you a walkthrough of everything. Also:

I’ve read what you had to say and my points still stand.

whats your deal

He can dislike the idea right? Just being honest

I’m giving feedback on what they suggested.

Sounds cool

I don’t know, I’d like more to be similar to Instagram. Swiping every video you watch…If it comes normally, you like or dislike but swiping in my opinion looks oldfashioned…

I get what you’re trying to say, but I don’t think that this would necessarily be a good thing for V2. Like sometimes I just wanna sit down and watch a bunch of loops/videos (I don’t know if it has an official name yet) because I got time on my hands, and other times maybe not. Plus sometimes when I watched Vines on the original Vine, I would watch a Vine and go watch other and then go back to rewatcj some again.
Swiping, to me, just doesn’t seem like it would be beneficial to V2. Going up and down just seems like it would be more practical.