the byte community forums

How To Get All Badges [Getting Started]

This is a guide on how you can earn all the “Getting Started” badges on the forums!
Here is a list of all the badges: https://community.v2.co/badges
You can click on the name of the badge to go to the description.

Autobiographer: Fill out your user profile and select a profile picture. To access your user profile: Click on your account (Top right) > Settings > Profile.

Certified: Complete the new user tutorial. To do this, go to your messages, and click on the message from discobot and type “@_discobot start new user” (Without the underscore)

Editor: Edit a post. To edit one of your posts, click the pencil icon under a post and make the required changes

First Emoji: Use an emoji in one of your posts. To insert an emoji, either press the smiley face menu or type a colon and select an emoji from the drop down menu. :slight_smile:

First Flag: Flag a post. To flag a post, press the “Show More” button (3 dots) under a post, and click the flag. You will then be given the options to: Send the person a message, or notify staff if the post is: Off-Topic, Inappropriate, Spam, or something else.
Reminder: Please DO NOT flag a post to get this badge if there is nothing wrong with it.

First Like: Like a post. To like a post, press the “Heart” icon under the post.

First Link: Add a link to another topic. To add a link, reply to a post, and enter the link to another thread.
Reminder: Do not spam or post random links. If a user made a duplicate thread, post the links to a similar one

First Mention: Mention a user in a post. To mention a user, type “@” followed by their name.
Example: @DeltaDawx

First Onebox: Post a link that gets oneboxed. To do this, post a link (of another thread) on a line by itself.

First Quote: Quote a post. To do this, highlight a part of another persons comment and select “Quote” when it pops up

First Reply By Email: Reply to a post by email. You will need to enable email settings.
To enable emails: Click on your account (Top right) > Settings > Emails > Enable third option.

First Share: Share a link to a reply or topic. To do this, click the Share button (Chain), and post that link in a message or reply.

New User of the Month: Granted to two users per month. Measured by how often their posts were liked, and by whom. Currently, only @tanner and @pasquale have this badge

Read Guidelines: Read the community guidelines. Click Here to go to the community guidelines

Reader: Read every reply in a topic with more than 100 replies.
Reminder: Seems to have a bit of delay.

Licensed: Complete the advanced user tutorial. To do this, go to your messages, and click on the message from discobot and type “@_discobot start advanced user” (Without the underscore)

Keep in mind, there may be a delay with earning some badges, just be patient.

Badges? Tutorials?
How can i get this badge?
Confusion with Badges
Confusion with Badges
Helping out new forum users!
Can someone tell me how to onebox things
Not Receiving the Reader Badge

Thanks for this!

Nice helpful thread.
Any other questions about the forum, refer to this thread

Thanks. :slight_smile: I do not quite get the email part, but I will find out.

This is very helpful. I have almost all of them anyways.

Is very useful this!

Glad to help. Share it with others if this was useful to you :grinning:

Useful topic (y) Good work!

Thank you.

thanks, really needed this :slight_smile:

This can help you

I’ve read the guidelines over and over and still haven’t gotten this badge XP At this point I feel like it’s mocking me XD

Is there something I’m missing? Or a glitch?

maybe try scrolling from top of page to the VERY bottom. otherwise, it could be a glitch

I have been doing that :confused: I’ll try it again, but I don’t know if there’s anything else I can really do. What happens if it is a glitch? Just nada?

I guess if it doesnt work, it could come after a delay, or its glitch. :confused:

Dang it XP ok, well thank you for your help!

Moved to Forum Bugs and Feedback :slight_smile:

what did i have before?

Off topic.