the byte community forums

How to deal with hate?

There may be times that whenever you start making bytes, you get hate from fans. So how to deal with it?

18 Likes

I take everything with a grain of salt. A compliment and an insult both have equal weight to me. I think an important part of having any type if presence on the internet is self love. You have to make sure that your own opinion of yourself is the only thing that matters. I know it sounds egotistical but it’s really important to understand that nobody can ever know or appreciate you as much as you can yourself, so you have to hold love and hate at the same level. Otherwise you may become vain and be hurt by what other people feel about you. So I handle hate by disregarding it as an opinion and remembering how much I love and value myself.

21 Likes

i ignore

10 Likes

vines? please remember that vine and byte are two separate apps. they will be called bytes :blush:

7 Likes

Yeah let’s call it bytes instead

4 Likes

It won’t in byte, let’s ban hate!!

3 Likes

There’s no way to ban and or remove hate. But you need to distinguish it from criticism, I’d say just ignore it if it was made with the intent to hurt you.

12 Likes

At the end of the day, people will hate on you for almost anything you do. In my opinion, as long as you aren’t doing anything that is spreading negativity, then you will be fine. You can only control your own actions, not others. :smile:

11 Likes

I’d say make sure to keep in mind that there’s a difference between criticism and being hateful. Criticism can help you grow or avoid mistakes (or learn from them), whereas messages born from hatred are just meant to hurt. Don’t disregard everything that isn’t immediately positive, because you might be missing out on constructive criticism and advice.

8 Likes

haters are motivators.

no i’m kidding. if you have haters it means that you are on your way to fame. in the best terms just ignore it.

7 Likes

Try to ignore it as much as possible. If you have haters it means you are going somewhere. Everyone who ever gets big will have a lot of hate before they reach the top.

Always make sure you are listening to advice from people who are more knowledgeable than you are, and seek out those people as much as possible.

4 Likes

Ignore them and find a distraction :sunglasses:

4 Likes

i found this thread:

5 Likes

Clout > hate

4 Likes

Enjoying making the videos and appreciating the fans that you make in a humble way>hate
*FTFY :sunglasses:

7 Likes

What does ftfy mean

3 Likes

Fix that for you

5 Likes

Gotcha

5 Likes

i’d delete the comments first before blocking them, then if they coming back just block them

2 Likes

Well for this you really just need to have tunnel vision. Focus on your end goals and don’t let anything distract you in the process. I’m guessing you’re going to make comedy vids? Well just focus on one goal like trying to make other people laugh and don’t worry about all the negative opinions that may come along with it. Just gotta try to block all the negativity out :grin:

4 Likes