the byte community forums

Forum Feedback #1

Since activity has picked up on the forums and more announcements are on there way. I wanted to reach out and get your feedback around the forums. This is the first of many posts that will be asking for your feedback.

Here’s some thought starters:

We are looking to do better, so any and all feedback is appreciated and will be put to good use. Thanks

16 Likes

yes, please! more feedback

2 Likes

I want to be helpful, but I can’t really think of anything to change, haha. :slight_smile: Overall positive experience here for me. Maybe in the FAQ under “Keep It Tidy,” it could be mentioned the importance of searching whether or not a topic already exists before creating a new one?

2 Likes

Good point. We could probably benifit from creating a more robust list and maybe a page that is solely dedicated twaords forum best practices. In a perfect world we’d have a little video, but we need to first identify what should be included before we can consider creating a video. Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

You’re welcome. :slightly_smiling_face: And yeah a video does sound cool!

1 Like

I also wish I had some great points, but in my opinion everything is great around here.
And I agree with @HeyWhatsNew regarding existing topics.
I don’t know if it’s possible to add some kind of ‘warning message’ which asks the user if the topic they’re about to create doesn’t already exist (idk, maybe I’m thinking too far with this :woman_shrugging:t6::relaxed:)
Because there have been repetitive topics in the last couple of days and I think this will go on, since new people will join the forum.
But honestly other then that, the experience is amazing and the community is absolutely great :+1:t6::+1:t6:

4 Likes

It would be nice if when creating a topic, a warning comes up and suggests existing topics. “I see youre creating a post titled ‘V2 name ideas’. Perhaps one of these titles already exists?” And then suggest a few of the 50 existing threads with different name ideas.

2 Likes

Really great to hear. Thanks for sharing. Yeah, duplicate topics can be a pain. I like your idea of having a prompt. I’ll make a note to dig a little deeper into that. Thanks, again.

1 Like

Keywords might be able to help with that. Once you start typing in a title it would be cool to shower underneath all the Titles that included certain words for you to be able to look at

1 Like

I love it here, I love all the work that you guys do. The only thing that would make the forums a lot better and even attract more users would be more frequent announcements, even if it was just to say that progress is continuing or that your still working on the app would mean a great deal. The last few months the forums became deserted because a lot of people felt that nothing was happening or that Dom and the team weren’t checking in. Thats about the only thing missing otherwise I love it here and thanks for everything you guys are doing. :smile:

3 Likes

Really great place here, I just feel like more could be done to build hype around the app and the forums. I think that there needs to be more promotion and more tweets from Dom to let the people that left the forums or that are interest in the app that the project is still going on, I feel that will make the forums much more active and build anticipation and hype for the app.

1 Like

I love this community and everyone is nice and very helpful. As far as more updates, I second that. Most people, including myself, would like more frequent updates on progress. I feel like we’re in the dark a lot of the time. Doesn’t have to be anything major but small updates here and there.

2 Likes

After the Beta is released i think there should be a new forum section for beta questions, concerns, ect. I think it would help with all the clutter and duplicate questions that are on other posts as well regarding the Beta.

3 Likes