Forum FAQ/ Details

i’ve seen quite a few posts about specific things on the forum like pm’s, friends, statuses, ect ect;

since the forum is ran off of a service called

> Discourse

, all of the settings from their basic forum layout is inserted here. i don’t know everything about it but everything can be googled and it will show up there.

PM’s are now enabled for Trust level 2 members+ only!

(same goes for friends i do believe)

app: for those who didn’t know, discourse does have a mobile app for easier, smoother forum use. download on your app store and add site “community.v2.co

mobile push notifications: to my knowledge, unfortunately push notifications are not available through discourse since their app does not directly connect and run the forum you are on, rather it has a engine that it opens for you to access it. to get the closest thing possible to push notifications, you need to manually mark topics as “Watching”.

trust level guide(UPDATED):
Trust Level 0(Starter)[

• No permission to create new topics
  • Strictly post
  • 35 posts (in your first 24 hrs; after that they are unlimited) ]

Trust Level 1 (Basic)[

• 200 daily likes
  • 35 posts (in your first 24 hrs; after that they are unlimited)
  • 1 daily topic creation ]

Trust Level 2(Member)[

• daily topic limit of 5
  • inherits all limits from previous levels
  • can invite new users via email
  • 50 daily dm limit ]

Trust Level 3(Trusted/Expert)[

• unlimited posts
  • inherits all pieces from previous levels
  • access to rename/ recategorize topics
  • higher priority when flagging posts
  • higher priority when flagging users
  • 2x daily like limit ]

Trust Level 4(Leader/Ultra-Trusted)[

• unlimited posts
  • inherits all pieces from previous levels
  • edit all posts
  • pin/unpin topic
  • close/open a topic
  • archive a topic
  • unlist a topic
  • split/merge topics
  • 3x daily like limit

DO NOT CONFUSE THIS RANK WITH MODERATOR EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE VERY SIMILAR ]

rank/trust level progression: trust levels can be done manually by staff, or automatically through discourse’s system. the requirements to earn trust level 2, and 3 are classified to counter people who will be trying complete all necessary factors to earn the title. we recommend to just be a good citizen, be active, be considerate, and a contributor. (good luck ;))

web interface; to change go to the settings> 2nd drop menu >interface> then choose which one you want> and hit save of course. (i use the saturn theme :stuck_out_tongue:)

thought this might clear up some often asked questions because it surely helped me when i googled them, hah.

THIS WILL BE ACTIVELY UPDATED AS I LEARN NEW THINGS ABOUT THE PROVIDER OR AS STAFF CHANGES THEM

(i’ve been waiting for an hour impatiently to post this)

8/30/2019{
THIS IS NOW A WIKI POST. FEEL FREE TO EDIT AND FIX IT.
thanks
}

96 Likes

my boy kaden with the facts

15 Likes

@dom actually talks about some of this here where he mentions that these features are currently disabled on the forms for now.

13 Likes

actually, only the moderation features are disabled (which is what i believe he was referencing), i think everything else is still activated and will still be available with the progression to trust level 2; because the trust level holder is still active on peoples profiles

7 Likes

thanks kaden skrt

7 Likes

:heart:️ 12 charx2

4 Likes

Yassss comin thru with the facts tysm :heavy_heart_exclamation:

9 Likes

of course 12 char

5 Likes

To me it sounds like he is saying the level up feature on the forums is disabled, but IDK.

4 Likes

i see, you may be right but i do still see the level holder so we’ll see. thank you linking that post by the way

5 Likes

OH just read this ! Thanks @kaden ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

of course. 12char

3 Likes

just read this thanks my man

3 Likes

of course bruv

3 Likes

Good point bruh thanks skrrt skrrt

4 Likes

bump for relevancy/updated stats

@dom did i miss anything

3 Likes

private messages are completely disabled for now. they’re not unlockable at any trust level

11 Likes

right right, correcting now

3 Likes

Question, how many daily posts were allowed yesterday and when we become a member, we are allowed to invite people, correct?

4 Likes

there’s no daily post limit after your first day. there was previously a limit of 3 new threads per day, but this has been reduced to 1 and requires trust level 1. new users start at trust level 0. you can invite people, but there isn’t much of a difference between that and them just joining themselves

12 Likes