the byte community forums

Following Activity Page on byte

Will there be a page on V2 that shows a user what the users he/she/they follow have been liking, commenting, and following recently?

Edit: If this ends up being a feature on V2, I think users should also have the ability to disable the publications of their activity on to their followers’ following activity pages in case they want to make it harder for their followers to track their activity.

4 Likes

I think that the app V2 will be have that option

1 Like

I don’t know if the app is going to have that option, but if it does I would like to have the option to hide it, like YouTube.

2 Likes

Maybe, i hope to have this option is very usefull

1 Like

so… like a notification page?

Like the Youtube page or instagram when you active the bussines option

1 Like

No, this feature would be very similar to the feature on Instagram where you have a following activity page on your notifications tab.

2 Likes

I think that’d be good but like @ItsMeJoseGChacin said, I think there should be an option to hide it if we don’t want people to see what we’ve liked or wtached

3 Likes

That would be interesting

Let dom first come out with other info… I think that would be a good idea

oh! Got it! There probably is going to be. I mean, most social platforms have that feature.

To clarify, if this page were to be added on byte, there would have to be some type of feature that could differentiate it from Instagram’s page and other social media’s similar pages to avoid legal issues.

1 Like

Not sure if they show when people post, but I suppose that could be useful incase you follow a lot of people and miss someone’s posts

3 Likes

This page can be sorted as a sole feed of activity or as a hybrid of following activity and posts (preferably on a home/landing page.) Definitely agree with what you said about catching up with other people’s activity, though. :new: :newspaper:

2 Likes

For sure a page like this would be nice, if a larger creator liked something from someone smaller it could show a larger audience their work as well👀

3 Likes

:thinking:hmmmm I get where you’re coming from… but it seems a bit much.
Why do people need to know my every move? This would be great for stalkers. lol

1 Like

Please read this section of the topic’s description:

2 Likes

Okay if people can make this private then what’s the point? How does this make the app better?
How does this benefit creators? That’s all I’m asking. Because people, outside yourself, could abuse this information. And let’s just say you get into some drama. And your activity page is on private. Then people could be like “What do you have to hide?” Ya know? The main focus should be the videos…

2 Likes

This feature could be a good addition to byte because it helps creators show their interests to their audience. However, the decision of having it public or private is up to the user.

You do have a valid point on what you said about drama, though. One way I think we can minimize this issue is by making the user able to toggle off and on specific sets of activities instead of toggling all activities. Some of these sets could include:

• users you’ve recently followed
  • recent comments you’ve published
  • recent likes you’ve given
4 Likes

and a way to disable if you’d like cuz other socials don’t let you.

1 Like