the byte community forums

Favorite Spider Man Movie?

For me the original spider man trilogy with Tobey Maguire will always remain the best for me since it came out when I was still in middle school. However the more recent Spiderman: Homecoming with Tom Holland was surprisingly good. I came in there thinking it was going to be mediocre, but it was surprisingly good

5 Likes

My two current favorites are Homecoming and Into the Spider-Verse. I did not expect the latter to be as good as it was, and Homecoming was very funny and a great part of the MCU. ^^

6 Likes

Spider-Verse is now not only my favorite spider man movie, it has become my favorite movie of all time. it is a great film that can be watched over and over again!

4 Likes

Spiderverse has taken the first spot for sure and Venom (if that counts) is up there too

4 Likes

Spiderverse > Homecoming > Spiderman 2 > Spiderman 1 = Spiderman 3 > Amazing Spiderman 1 > Amazing Spiderman 2

Ranked in terms of how much I enjoy them

2 Likes

The one where he goes ‘its pizza time’

3 Likes

Might see spider verse after hearing that

@Yoshidas

Spider-Verse is now not only my favorite spider man movie…

My Response:

You know a film is good when you can do that. Going to give spider-verse a watch in due time

@Riot-RiRi

Spiderverse has taken the first spot for sure and Venom (if that counts) is up there too

My Response:

Venom can count, Been wanting to see that movie

@aussie

Spiderverse > Homecoming > Spiderman 2…

My Response:

Yeah I’ll agree that amazing spiderman I didn’t enjoy very much to say the least. Amazing spiderman 2 was pretty lame tbh

@FatJesusMan

The one where he goes ‘its pizza time’

My Response:

According to yt, it spiderman 2 with tobey

2 Likes

Toby Maguires. Not a fan of the rest

3 Likes

All the Toby ones !!!

3 Likes

I love Tom Holland and all but I think he does a better job portraying Peter while Tobey does a great job portraying Spider-Man. And i really think that Andrew Garfield had it all, but didn’t totally execute it perfectly like Peter in the amazing Spider-Man series became less awkward and it started to become dark/sad lol. My favorite Spider-Man movie had to be all of the og ones with Tobey. The first Amazing spider man movie was great. I’m just disappointed that Homecoming wasn’t in NYC and the next one is in London like it just doesn’t have the full “Spider-Man” feel that everyone is familiar with imo, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t like it. It was great as well

3 Likes

Understandable. Amazing spiderman movies I was not impressed by it to say the least. The ending of the and length of Amazing spiderman 2 was too much too bear

@Cynthia

All the Toby ones !!!

My Response:

Those were the best in my opinion, espeically the third one with venom in my opinion.

@Benf

I love Tom Holland and all but…

My Response:

Interesting perspective on this one. Never thought of it that way.

1 Like

I like the one where a house floats with a bunch of balloons, that’s the best Spider-Man movie.

2 Likes

the one where uncle ben does crack cocaine

4 Likes

The one where he says ‘fly!’ Trying to get his spider webs to work.

2 Likes

Tobey did a better job portraying Peter than he did Spiderman, though, he stayed as the awkward Peter Parker even when he was Spiderman, he didn’t really get cockier or more confident when he put on the suit, and Andrew Garfield stayed cocky when he was Peter (skateboarding in the hallways, etc.) and was not a good person as Spiderman (humiliating criminals, shooting them unnecessarily with the web slingers), and Tom Holland did a great job as Peter in Homecoming, and settled into his role as Spiderman in Infinity War

3 Likes

I’d have to say the Tobey movies are about even as Homecoming, but that’s probably just because of nostalgia.

2 Likes

is that one of the newer ones?

1 Like

Ah yes, poor uncle ben. Ashame how he dies like that in every movie

2 Likes

Forgot how tobey said, that. That was the first one in the original series

1 Like

feel the same way about that

2 Likes