the byte community forums

Fame is NOT a bad goal to have - stop lying

hahaha at first, i was so put off by danielle but over time, i grew to respect her & her work ethic! she could’ve road the “i’m a horrible kid” wave but she took her opportunity and created a brand that was somewhat separate from her mistakes. she completely won me over when she paid her mom’s mortgage lmao

not necessarily true

THANK YOU !! People act like seeking fame is a felony or something ut pisses me off !

I never denied it. I embrace that ish.

If what u love is to post videos for people to watch…that’s wanting some fame. Lol. Not one person going on vine wants to just make a video for themself to see and think “gosh I’m awesome and so happy I’m the only one watching myself”

So what do the hearts mean on this forum?

Exactly this for me.

Also be could definitely be a gateway

likes…

this whole post has me dyiiiingggggg

I’d say that’s a fair statement. It would be great if my vines got recognition, because I really am proud of some of them.

My best vine, or close to best, got no revines at all, and maybe a few likes. I was really disappointed, considering that lots of stupid, pointless vines got shared a lot (probably because people want to show how hip they are).

But another one, which was about making a home made chai latte, got 100,000 loops (and I think that loops is a stupid metric, but anyway…). So I guess that was my biggest mark on Vine.

So it wasn’t exactly fame I was after, it was recognition. Which is really the same thing, except that if I’m ever famous, it should be because I did something good, not merely something popular.

@nogud speaks the truth. I agree, wanting fame isn’t an inherently bad thing. But it’s foolish to expect huge returns and audience retention from an inconsistent, lazy, or simply unfunny creator. Hey, sometimes it happens, but it’s usually a one-off deal.

When you bring your best self to the table and bring it regularly enough, when you figure out what makes you happiest to put into the world and attracts the type of audience you want to attract, then you’ll get places. Everyone here seems determined to achieve their goals and enthusiastic about the content they’re going to make, and that’s what will bring the juice and flavor to this app. :heart:️:two_hearts:

@arf YES. ABSOLUTELY YES. ONE-THOUSAND PERCENT YES.
Fame means lots of people will have lots of different opinions about you, and success means that you’re satisfied and you’re doing your best. You can be successful and not famous, famous and not successful.

If you want to work at a law firm, or get married and raise a family, or start a business, or find a cure for cancer, or tend a garden, or teach children, you don’t need to be famous to be a success.

If you’re a politician/public speaker or a creative type, basically someone who shares their ideas with the world, then, yes, it wouldn’t hurt to be famous.

I was always ranting about this and you finally put it into words. I was getting so tired of those “𝓼𝓸𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵 𝓶𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓾𝓷, 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓰𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓪𝓶𝓮!” posts. I’m having this framed on my wall, thank you.

i bet that’s not even your wall
smh

Wow, you’re so observant.

Want a cookie?

i bet i was being sarcastic
smh :wink:

I’d bet you were

; :kiss:
shut up and KISS me already :weary:

I just want to do something fun for a living instead of forcing myself to enjoy the safe career paths society instill in us. The only way I can do this is by having popular videos with ads and getting brand deals. I’ll be okay with food on the table and internet. Don’t shame me for having dreams boi.