the byte community forums

Explore/for you page?

yes i know this type of post was made before, but all of them were made at least a year ago (jan/feb 2018) and A LOT has changed since then

so on tik tok they have a “for you” page which is really easy to get onto and helps a lot of people grow on the app, whereas on instagram it’s nearly impossible to get onto unless you’re a popular meme account. so my question is will byte have an explore page kind of thing and what will the algorithm be like (like ig or tiktok?)

i really hope we do get an explore page bcs it’ll make it SO MUCH easier to grow

on a side note i really hope revines will be dead like vine because i never liked that feature

Recategorized to ideas and features

Yeah, I agree. A lot of people have said that they don’t want an algorithm on byte, but I do think that it would be good to have a separate section/page with videos that would be more interesting to you, other than just all the new or popular bytes.

What’s wrong with revines?

personally, it messed up my feed which i like to keep clean and consistent. idk on my page you would only see my videos and not someone else’s and when i would go on another page i would want to see their videos not the videos that they thought were funny
but that’s literally pure opinion based, you’re free to feel differently

Personally I feel revines (possible rebytes) should be on a separate section (like tagged photos) or likes on the old vine

Maybe if you could filter it (re’s and posts / both), that would be best

My guy arf alwasy coming up with the best ideas

alwasy’s my middle name

Hate TikTok’s For You page and miss the old Featured page it replaced.

i definitely think we should keep the reposting feature but you can turn it off if you want maybe. I love the idea of retweeting and revining.

i’m pretty sure on vine you could’ve switched over so you only see that person’s post on their profile and not the revines, it’s been a long time so if i’m wrong i apologize but i’m pretty sure i personally remember doing that.

I agree. I’d like my page to be organised.

Only time will tell but I wouldn’t be surprised if they embrace an algorithm like everyone else