the byte community forums

Exclusivity on byte

Social media companies tend to add features to their apps that make the user feel even more connected to their friends rather than just the general homepage and search page, including private messages and private Stories. Here are some of my suggestions on how to integrate exclusivity onto byte:

• Direct messages. :mailbox_with_mail: Pretty self-explanatory. Would be a very useful feature to those with no other social media.
  • Private teams. :busts_in_silhouette: This would be really cool, but I think it should be implemented in a progression.
    • Firstly, the byte team could set a limit or various limits pertaining to account stats in order to create a private team and avoid server congestion once the feature goes live.
    • As time goes by, byte can gradually start lowering the limits to create private teams until there are none or until the limits are considered low.
  • :six: second private timeline. If this were to be implemented as a separate page on the app, you could be able to create bytes for select friends that the creator approves of seeing and vice versa. This would also largely keep the “feel” that the past betas have had, as the timeline would be presented to the user in chronological order.

The six second private timeline is my favorite on the list. What other ways of integrating exclusivity onto byte would you suggest? And of the suggestions I presented in this description, which one(s) do you like the most and the least? :thinking:

8 Likes

I like the idea of making private timelines! Not sure about the other two to be honest but private timelines to use with friends sounds great!

6 Likes

A private timeline just sounds like the timeline you see regularly based on the people you follow

5 Likes

is that bad, or good?

4 Likes

not if you follow 600 people and only 5 of them are the friends you want a private timeline with

6 Likes

It might sound like that, but it would be a very chronological experience with preferably limited features to retain simplicity and would most likely exclude celebrities, company accounts, event accounts, and the like, making the timeline feel a lot more personal than the regular one.

3 Likes

“Post Notifications On”

3 Likes

Question is there any other app with a private timeline? Also side note, I’m not knocking down on the idea, I’m just playing devils advocate :sunglasses:

5 Likes

That wouldn’t be a different experience. You would still be seeing posts on the “regular” timeline, only quicker. Having post notifications on wouldn’t feel exclusive because it isn’t; the posts are open for everyone to see (unless the account is private.)

3 Likes

imo the ability to create a private timeline between say 6 friends is a great idea, would be similar to a direct message group but a timeline of bytes!

4 Likes

That’s a good point

2 Likes

Like a sidebar thing?

3 Likes

I suggested it as a separate page on the app, having in mind the idea of making it easy to access by placing it on the bottom of the screen on the homepage. But honestly, a sidebar for the feature sounds best.

3 Likes