the byte community forums

Drop your steam name!

Anyone play videogames using steam? Drop your username! Mine is RebTheRebel. Same as it is on Xbox.

Wait can you explain what Steam is?

It is a username used for the Steam gaming platform. steampowered.com
This one is mine @Lij

It is a program that allows you to store and play games from a single GUI (thats what it was when I started). Now its a marketplace for games, and community made content. You can buy and sell cosmetics, and trading cards (if the game has them).

I noticed I didn’t answer your question @jennifer so I had to make another reply :bowing_man:

Here it is.

I’m open to anyone adding me! :smile:

It’s basically an app for your laptop where you can download games. A lot of independently made games (games not made by Nintendo, Blizzard, etc.) are on there. It’s also a social network-ish because you can add friends and see what they’re playing and even play games together online. That’s how I understand it anyway

Is an app that u can buy games

I want to, but I created my account when I was 10 and would rather not share my embarrassing username

In Xbox I’m CinderyGold and in PS4 I’m Solosoysolo (i think O changed it but im not sure haha)

My handle is sirmarkskywalker. I’m surprised at how many people don’t know what it is. Steam is the backbone of PC gaming.

Lol I totally understand that