the byte community forums

Copyright Infringement

If creators use copywritten content, will their Bytes (still weird to say lol) be muted or taken down?

I’d like to know this too, or like copyrighted music ?

I Categorized it in General Discussion for you Also

What im assuming is gonnna happen is when someone posts content that they do not own and someone files a copystrike against them it will be reviewed and if needed taken down

As a Hip-Hop Vlogger, I can tell you, I get flagged on content that even independent artists submit because their music is registered via their distribution company. I remember with V, a lot of us artists networked effortlessly before these crazy copyright demons lurk. I hope it won’t be a problem :pleading_face:

Will we really get flagged tho? It’s only 6.5 seconds of copyrighted music, and even youtube typically allows more than that.

id definitely NOT want to be flagged for using music…i mean id be down to tag the creator but ITS JUST 6.5 seconds : ( lot of my planned bytes would have music in them that goes with the comedy

And being 100% honest, 6.5 seconds isn’t always enough time to identify a song.

id hope not…
copyright infringement policies are dumb when the copyrighted material is not used in a way of someone actually trying to steal and pretend its theirs.

6.5 seconds of music often does not violate copyright fair use laws. However, if the bytes are monetized, it can create some issues.

agree with this, main point of copyright also includes making money with content that you do not own. With that being said, 6.5 secs is STILLL PRETTY SHORT

6.5 isn’t within the threshold for copyright laws thats also one of the reasons there was no monetization with Vine