the byte community forums

Concerning BETA leaks

Hello everyone,

As you might know, the Byte Bulletin #4 had a small section on the leaking of information. What I hope, is that a Byte staff member could go into this with more detail (eg. timeframes, specificity, etc) just to give us a sense of what is not allowed.

Probably smart to establish this early so no one can act like they were unaware of how far this rule stretches.

Thanks!

31 Likes

I’m sure that the actual staff will give as much info as they can, but I think the whole leaks thing is to avoid someone showing off the entirety of the app when it isn’t final. For any beta testers information will be given when invites are received as far as i know

12 Likes

Beta testers are gonna hold a ton of power. Guess that’s why they said they’re picking “semi random”

5 Likes

If I get chosen as a beta tester, my lips will be sealed.:no_mouth: PERIODT!

12 Likes

Imagine leaking something that’s been worked on for a whole year+ and leaking it :confused:

14 Likes

yeah that makes sense

2 Likes

that would be a big rip

5 Likes

Plus it could ruin any fun surprises we would enjoy. Let’s just hope no one ruins the experience for us :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

If I get beta access, then I’ll definitely only talk to other beta testers about it. Leaking isn’t worth getting that privilege taken away :joy:

7 Likes

Guys before you leak beta info, just remember that this project has been around since 2017. Don’t ruin someone’s hard work for some clout. It’s not worth it, seeing as you may get your beta privileges taken away.

12 Likes

My lips will be sealed. Like super sealed.

6 Likes

Same! Info and bugs should only ever be given and reported to the devs!

7 Likes

and me i will not be Leaking any news about the beta to any one

5 Likes

(changed the title because it could be misleading)

6 Likes

I second what @Flo is saying.

To all TL4s reading this, I strongly suggest you all clearly establish what rules to follow while testing the app and what is okay and what isn’t okay to publicize from the beta before sending any more beta invites to anyone.

3 Likes

At a glance, I think it means to not leak anything about the app. the main point of a beta is to find bugs with the help of a small audience, so leaking anything is just useless and detrimental most likely, except to build up hype. what i assume is that nothing should be leaked, unless explicitly made clear by staff.

3 Likes

yes exactly!

1 Like

you got rid of the clickbait :wink:

4 Likes

if i get invited, my lips will be taped close

3 Likes

imagine getting lucky by being invited and then ruining that trust given by leaking things

cant be me

7 Likes