the byte community forums

Collaboration from a distance

I don’t know if this already came up ( I didn’t find it anywhere) but I think it would be a good idea to implement the option of collaborating with people who don’t necessarily live near you… so you record your part & the other person records his/her part & then there is a way to combine the clips? Not sure if I explained it good enough, but what are your opinions? Thank you!! @dom

25 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better to do it on your own? edit the video on your computer and then upload it.

4 Likes

Sorta like a “duet” on musical.ly? I like that idea.

2 Likes

I did this in the original vine with a guy in america. The vine was terrible but it was fun.

Hmm yeah it is basically the same!! What do you think about sending a collab request (that thhe other person has to accept)… but then popular viners will get too many request notifications… or you can only send a request to someone with less or an equal amount of followers as you… Okay I’m just brainstorming :blush: what do you think?

4 Likes

The idea I awesome… Let’s hope for the best…I think people with kinda same follower or view time should be able to do this

2 Likes

Back when Vine was growing, users eventually congregated together, and the ones that made it moved to LA; regardless, it would be nice to collab with someone else

*from afar

2 Likes

Yeah, I like that! Maybe to send a collab request, the two creators have to be following each other, so that it’s a bigger chance that both sides would actually agree to it.

6 Likes

I kind of like this idea. It’s like planning a mini script with your internet friend. But who will upload it? Both with the same video or two different videos but with the same collab so it doesn’t repeat

2 Likes

Both get tagged on one video, the requestor uploads: 1 idea

4 Likes

They
That be great

1 Like

Yes that’s a great plan, you can have a ‘tagged’ tap like on instagram… the creators can also agree to make another one for the other persons profile! So everyone is happy :blush:

5 Likes

seem fair, i like it :hugs:

And a collaborator can manage other tags on the post and work with the other to figure out which ones would gain it traction

1 Like

@dom yes do this now :grin::v:

1 Like

That could be really cool, and would eliminate the issue of too many requests. Maybe when you sent the collaboration request it would have the idea for the collaboration at the top and you could decide whether to accept or deny the request.

1 Like

I like this idea, very cool

1 Like

Great idea bro :clap:

2 Likes

Would it be too much to include brief terms of collaboration with the request???

2 Likes

I think so. I think if they accepted it, that’s when you’d have to discuss terms. Otherwise it might get to clunky.

1 Like