the byte community forums

ByteCoins?

I had this idea of a sort of currency on the app that you get from likes or other things like completing challenges or something like that I don’t really know but I was thinking you could spend them on special tags or emotes or gift someone these “coins”. If you have anything that would make it better please comment what you would change or fix to it.

17 Likes

I like this kinda idea, something like visit 10 days in a row and you get some coins?

8 Likes

Why’d you withdraw the topic?? I think it’s a great idea!

4 Likes

I withdrew the comment on Sam not the post

4 Likes

Ooo Carson I like this idea !

4 Likes

Ohhh gotcha gotcha :wink:

4 Likes

Reddit inspired :sunglasses:

4 Likes

You’re onto something, as a few people have suggested crypto integration in Byte. I suggest Dogecoin as it’s used a lot on Reddit etc.

Byte could have its own coin, although I would recommend against it in favour of an established coin like Doge. In any case, they’re going to have to find another name, as there already is a ByteCoin (BTC). OTOH, Byte could actually use that coin! :wink:

3 Likes

I think to add onto would be comments, as well. Perhaps more comments, and you’ll get more coins. Once you reach a certain amount of coins you can use it to get featured and even use it to feature others

3 Likes

I think the comments could be a tricky one. If you have multiple accounts, then you can give yourself free coins by commenting as another person

6 Likes

If we can have a verification system in place, it could greatly reduce the chances of that happening. It’s not possible to get rid of spam completely. Even on this forum I’ve encounterd at 16k users. If this forum gets to 100 million, then imagine how bad it will be then. That’s just my opinion though

5 Likes

Ill trade all my jahcoins for some

4 Likes

you can also do that with other social medias with likes, just make more accounts and like your posts, there would still be the same problem

3 Likes

this idea is really good but maybe a different name tho

2 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like

yes i like this

4 Likes

Not a fan of this at all why not give us this stuff for free that’s gonna create tension and competition and give people reason to be assholes on the app giving badges like Snapchat does is fine but the whole coin thing will just spark controversy

What about crack cocaine?

2 Likes

i am also okay with this

4 Likes

so, like karma? what about points?

1 Like