the byte community forums

Byte Translate Center

Okay, I think this is not necessary now, after all, the first wave of beta testers has not yet come out, but I think it’s something that can be taken in consideration as soon as the second wave of beta testers comes out.
My suggestionis that there is a community translation (with the help of forum members and Byte users) just like on Twitter, that we can help translate the app, this can save time and money.
I could observe in a music app that I use that they use a platform called OneSky, this platform is for developers to translate their apps and games, I’m not sure exactly how it works (probably it’s paid) but there’s a possibility the developerinvite you to help translate the app (this way the developer does not need to pay a translator, right?)

IMG_20190212_181631

IMG_20190212_181606

Well, as i said earlier i do not think this is necessary right now, but it would be interesting Byte to be translated (at least to some of the most spoken languages ​​in the world) at its launch, and that we can help, you can comment what you think :slight_smile:

11 Likes

with twitter and other platforms where content is in text form I can see how this would be useful, but translating videos is only something that really works with subtitles.

4 Likes

yes, my idea is not to translate the videos, just translate the app

6 Likes

That’s an interesting idea. As soon as the app gets here in April like some people have told me we can talk about everything.

2 Likes

Interesting idea #ByteFam

2 Likes

Still remember when Twitter had the translation website. I know translate in Facebook and I think this would be a great addition to Byte as well!

2 Likes

This is a great idea! I was thinking about this yesterday. And I think it’s really important that the app is translated in time for the public release (assuming it will be a global launch). I was part of Twitter and WhatsApp’s translator team for brazilian portuguese.

2 Likes

cheio de br aqui

2 Likes

This is a good idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m French and ready to contribute by translating this app in French !

“Developers”, you just have to contact me if needed ! :wink:

3 Likes

I would totally be down to help translate in spanish for spain and latin america. I imagine as soon as you open the app this is what you see:
op1smal

3 Likes

This idea is one of my favorites as we do have a quite diverse community and people sometimes perfer to speak their own language instead of going through the trouble of reading things in a different one.

4 Likes

Honestly if the app could translate the video with at least subtitles that’d be great

2 Likes

I can help you with translation to russian but tbh I don’t think that you want Russians in your social media
My suggestion: DON’T YOU EVER TRANSLATE TO RUSSIAN CUZ PEOPLE IN HERE ARE hmmmm not really adequate
last.fm got a lot of problems when they added russian to their languages so pls just don’t
Like they got a lot of russian trolls that would mess up world’s trending tracks, overload all servers n shit
I mean some of them r quite nice
But they can use English version :ok_hand:t2::ok_hand:t2:

4 Likes

maybe in ukraine language?

2 Likes

@DenisKurovec nice one

do you really think that there is a big difference between russians and ukrainians?

if you would make ONLY ukrainian subtitles russians will complain a lot and eventually, this will lead to app ban in russia (lol they literally can ban any shit for no reason, thx to roskomnadzors’ policy)

1 Like

between Ukraine and Russia the difference is enormous Ukraine is Europe

1 Like

Lol not really
I mean you still get a lot of trolls n shit in Ukraine

1 Like