the byte community forums

Byte Translate Center

Okay, I think this is not necessary now, after all, the first wave of beta testers has not yet come out, but I think it’s something that can be taken in consideration as soon as the second wave of beta testers comes out.
My suggestionis that there is a community translation (with the help of forum members and Byte users) just like on Twitter, that we can help translate the app, this can save time and money.
I could observe in a music app that I use that they use a platform called OneSky, this platform is for developers to translate their apps and games, I’m not sure exactly how it works (probably it’s paid) but there’s a possibility the developerinvite you to help translate the app (this way the developer does not need to pay a translator, right?)

Well, as i said earlier i do not think this is necessary right now, but it would be interesting Byte to be translated (at least to some of the most spoken languages ​​in the world) at its launch, and that we can help, you can comment what you think :slight_smile:

8 Likes

with twitter and other platforms where content is in text form I can see how this would be useful, but translating videos is only something that really works with subtitles.

3 Likes

yes, my idea is not to translate the videos, just translate the app

4 Likes

That’s an interesting idea. As soon as the app gets here in April like some people have told me we can talk about everything.

1 Like

Interesting idea #ByteFam

1 Like

Still remember when Twitter had the translation website. I know translate in Facebook and I think this would be a great addition to Byte as well!

2 Likes

This is a great idea! I was thinking about this yesterday. And I think it’s really important that the app is translated in time for the public release (assuming it will be a global launch). I was part of Twitter and WhatsApp’s translator team for brazilian portuguese.

1 Like

cheio de br aqui

1 Like

This is a good idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m French and ready to contribute by translating this app in French !

“Developers”, you just have to contact me if needed ! :wink:

1 Like

I would totally be down to help translate in spanish for spain and latin america. I imagine as soon as you open the app this is what you see:

2 Likes