the byte community forums

Byte Team Emblems

So I was thinking about how to identify people who are in the same team on byte.

The most visually appealing solution that I came up with is to allow teams to create an emblem to represent their team!

Emblems could have different patterns, could potentially be any shape and they could have different colours as well as a different symbol on them!

All of the examples are just to show how the emblems could be customised. Another idea is that teams could upload any transparent image, for example the lightning bolt or the byte logo in the graphic above, and this could be displayed as the teams emblem!

Emblems would display in a similar way to a beta tester badge or a verified symbol, next to the name of any member of the team. and when clicked this could take the user directly to the page of the team that is represented by the emblem!

Any feedback/improvements are welcome, and let me know what you would want as your emblem! :eyes:

14 Likes

I think that is a great idea!

6 Likes

Dan, you’re on a role!

6 Likes

i like this idea! but what if they could upload any image? so they could really personalize the emblems to better match their teams, or even you could put your own text on the pre-set emblems in the app

6 Likes

Look just under the second picture :wink:

4 Likes

you said any transparent image, i was saying they could upload any image, like this picture of a corgi: download%20(1)

4 Likes

Ahhhh, I like it, but I think it could easily become an issue with colours making things barely visible, not to mention the image would be pretty small

5 Likes

yeah true, what about the app allowing you to put your own text/shapes on the preset colors for the emblem? like you could make the text small in the top right corner, or a little lightning bolt in the bottom left corner. if they allowed that they’d have to put a limit to how many shapes/texts you can put on a single emblem

3 Likes

This kinda cool, could be similar to how emblems used to work in call of duty lol

4 Likes

something like this would be neat!28776b36b221d2fc0c1ac69e676ac049

4 Likes

Hmm I like this idea

2 Likes

What “teams” are we needing the emblems for? Did I miss a previous post on this one?

1 Like

There will be teams on the app, not in the first release but it’ll be a feature. We don’t really know much about it yet

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply!

1 Like

Interesting

2 Likes