the byte community forums

Byte Shouldn’t be a Competitive App

The V2 community, in my opinion, is a very positive one and isn’t afraid to speak out and argue on any type of issues, which is just awesome. It is also very inclusive, which is something really valuable to many people inside the community.

One of my biggest fears with the publication of this app is that people will have the idea that V2 is trying to compete against other social media platforms and other, more popular social media companies might try to diminish V2 quicker than it usually would try to diminish other competitive social media. I feel like V2 should not be competitive, rather inclusive. V2 staff should be able to at least be open to any collaborations with any other big companies.

However, just because I’m proposing this, doesn’t mean I think big social media companies should just politely ask V2 staff to collaborate when in reality they just want to change the way a feature on their app works, for example. One example of a collaboration that would seem healthy in my opinion would be how you could login with XYZ to use V2.

Thoughts?

10 Likes

Well, it has to compete somehow. Not to mention the app will probably blow up at release, putting other social media at an edge. I feel like big companies like Instagram will try and keep themselves above others at all costs.

6 Likes

To stay in the game, all companies have to be competitive. Nowadays if you want to stay afloat you’ll have to do whatever it takes. But I see what you’re saying, It would also be nice if v2 didn’t have any competitive connotations to it’s name, but people just saw it as a fun place to watch funny videos and meet new people :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I know it obviously has to compete at one point or another, but I just don’t want V2 turning into an app that’s known for being competitive. :confused:

2 Likes

Totally agree with this :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

I think the app should be a place where people are able to create their own content and be able to reach out to other creators to do some collabs. This could build up a good community within V2 and allow peeps to make new friends! It could be really cool! :blush:

2 Likes

Competition is everywhere… in the simplest things actually.

1 Like

its gonna be rather hard if they wont be competitive… its just a fear that it might not make it (hope it would)

1 Like

I do agree with the other replies to this in that the app will have to be competitive no matter what, but let’s just hope that other social media doesn’t try to crush it’s success

1 Like

Competition makes the market freer, baby!

I don’t think the big companies will be very worried at first. “Oh Byte? It’ll flop just like V***e. We shouldn’t worry” is probably what these major companies will think. Meanwhile our amazing, strong community builds up the app and they’ll miss their opportunity to “crush” us. There may be one or two open to collab, but I don’t see the real take away from that direction. Just my hypothesis lol

1 Like

With Byte being as simple as it is, I believe it’d be in it’s own lane. The simplicity of it is what draws people in and the already huge apps (Facebook, IG, etc) main thing seems to be to just steal features of up and coming apps and make it their own. So I guess my point is that they can’t (easily) copy something this simple.

2 Likes

Comparisons are inevitable. (Tik Tok, Vine, etc.) But I don’t think Byte will have competition.
Because the community makes the app special. Every platform needs a community. And the Byte community is a breath of fresh air compared to the rest of the internet. Besides, Byte will bring back that fun, positive, spontaneous spirit we’ve all been missing.

Only time will tell but I think we’re in good hands. :+1:

2 Likes

@ShawdGawd Why do people getting saying TikTok is like Vine lol? I have had this conversation w/ multiple people who doubt the success of Byte. TikTok or Musical.ly same thing its whatever you wanna call it, coexisted with Vine but it was never & will never be. I’m sorry I don’t know if it’s just me but being on a 6-sec looping video platform felt great again & Idk how to explain but it just felt right or something. I don’t get that same high for 30-sec videos or however long TikTok vids are. Their motto “Real short videos” really belongs to Byte, it’s hard to make good short vids & really kicks ur creativity into gear. Stretching a joke out to 30 secs loses its touch.

2 Likes

Well it shouldn’t be for so many people around us​:sunglasses::beach_umbrella:

1 Like

I agree but I don’t think it ruins the joke as long as its good. The issue I have w Tiktok/Musically is that they all tend to just bite off of each other. One person comes up with a nice funny video format & then 100,000 others do the exact same thing with a slightly different sign. That’s what lessens the joke for me

2 Likes