the byte community forums

*byte bulletin #6* (the real one :P)

hi & hi,

Welcome to bulletin #6, in which we update you on our plans for test #2.

In the stretch of time since our last update, we’ve been hard at work fixing and polishing the things that weren’t working and getting new features ready to unlock.

Our plan is to re-open the app next Friday, May 24. This time, instead of just 48 hours, we’ll keep the app open through the weekend (a long one in the US!) until noon EST on Tuesday, May 28.

Like the last time, if you’ve been selected to test, you’ll receive an email with additional information the day before, so Thursday, May 23. Keep an eye out for an email from us to the address you have registered with your account here. At the same time, you’ll see that you’ve been invited to a private forum category where you can post your bugs and feedback once it’s time. Everything you need to know will be in the email.

On the day of the app re-opening, you’ll receive a unique invite code either from us, TestFlight, or the Play Store. You’ll be able to use it immediately.

Because of the wait, we will be adding A LOT of folks this time around. :slight_smile: We’ve also used this time to add even more features you can take for a spin.

For test #2, we’ll be unlocking:

• (rough) search, so you can at least find your friends for the duration of the test
  • following
  • activity
  • push notifications
  • camera upload and trimming
  • ghost mode
  • zoom
  • tap-to-focus
  • and exposure adjust

on iOS only for now:

• improved audio mixing that reduces the popping/clicking between cuts
  • improved stop motion

The private forum category will list out the known issues in this test, as well as some specific things we’d like you to look out for.

Please keep in mind that you will still need a Google account to sign up and that all data will be wiped after the app closes on the 28th, so no usernames/follows/counts/bytes will carry past the weekend. Any bytes you make will automatically save to your camera roll (assuming you have space heh), so you can just reupload your favorites once the beta is fully unlocked.

For those eagerly awaiting the next beta signup, once we see how well the system does with this bigger group of testers, we will absolutely open another way to sign up for future tests. To be announced!

So thanks for staying tuned.

*byte team

~

P.S. Because we are running this test over a holiday weekend, our team will be pretty spread out. If anything goes really wrong for any reason (a huge bug reveals itself, our servers crash, or we see any leaks), we will have to simply turn the app off. Once we’re all back in the office again, we’ll assess the situation and restart the test. We’ll of course communicate any actions like this if they happen — and hopefully everything will go smoothly and we won’t have to! — but just something to be aware of.

113 Likes

This is very cool!

Camera upload as well as in app camera this time? Thought it was just upload this time?

21 Likes

Sweet!! Can’t wait! :smile::smile:

11 Likes

I like the title haha very hilarious!

Also it’ll be really cool to have it open from the 30th of May till June 3rd cause we are having the biggest byte meetup :relieved::relieved::relieved:

15 Likes

Epic bruhhhh

6 Likes

sicksicksick

6 Likes

finaly :slight_smile:

6 Likes

(the real one :P)

13 Likes

Release full app asap pleasee muchh love💙#hypeforbyte

8 Likes

Awesome! Thanks guys. :grin::+1:

8 Likes

Thanks for the update :grin::grin:
It’s starting to look like the Spring 2019 release is being pushed back, do you have an estimate on a new potential release date now that we’re entering test 2?

12 Likes

Thanks, Cami, looking forward to it! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

this would actually be amazing, we got a bunch of the coolest kids from here going

6 Likes

Can’t wait to get into the beta going have a lot of cool clips from Edinburgh Scotland on byte and ghosts as well

4 Likes

The title :joy:
And this is so freaking exciting, can’t wait for round two yaaaaaaasss

10 Likes

Can’t wait!

5 Likes

Thank you Cami, very cool!

Also, do you plan on releasing a developer API?

5 Likes

ohygoodd I WISH I COULD GET ITTT! PLEASE!! AAAAaHHH! I WANT TO USE IT EVEN IF ITS FOR JUST ONE HOUR! Hopefully i am lucky enough to get the code, i never get chosen for anything.

5 Likes

Hype! Thanks for the update!

5 Likes

Quick question. What if you have a new phone? Can you still use the link?

5 Likes