the byte community forums

*byte bulletin #4*

Welcome to bulletin #4, testing edition :sparkles:

In this bulletin we’ll be going into a bit more detail about the upcoming tests we’ll be running. A version of the information below will be sent out in the email invites to the first testers, but we’re posting it here so that everyone can see and understand what we’re up to.

First things first, a note about timing: Although we said invites would go out sometime in the first two weeks of April, in full transparency, we will most likely be submitting the test versions to both app stores early to mid-next week. Taking into account the unpredictable approval turnaround times, we’ll probably end up sending invites out either late next week (optimistically) or the following week of 4/15 (realistically).

As we said here, the plan is to start by unlocking a few parts of the app at a time, to test functionality and get feedback. Here’s what’s unlocked in the first test:

• the sign-up process
  • global timeline
  • posting from the in-app camera
  • liking
  • commenting
  • and loop counts

This test will run for 48 hours and then the app will be turned off. The next series of tests will include refinements and fixes and unlock new features, including profiles, uploading and trimming video from your camera roll, activity, following, explore, and others.

Now for some important caveats to be aware of:

*As this is the first test, things will probably break. Reporting what you experience — good and bad — will really help us. You’ll get more detailed instructions on how to share your feedback in the invite.

*While we’re in the process of testing parts of the app, your username and bytes will not transfer between tests. If you want to repost bytes you make during this time, make sure to save them to your camera roll and then upload them once the beta is completely unlocked.

*Similarly, you won’t be able to invite friends until the beta is fully unlocked.

*The invite code you get with the first email will only be good for this test. You’ll get another code when the next test is ready and so on. Once you’re in, you’re in for all future ones.

*To be a tester for this round, you will need a google email address. This won’t be true for all future tests, but for now, that’s the only way you’ll be able to sign in. If you don’t have one already, no problem, just make one and you’ll be good. (If you’re opposed to making a google account just for this, you will continue to receive invites, but you can just sit these tests out until you can sign in with your preferred email.)

Lastly, we have to talk about leaks. We’ll be creating a private thread for our testers and expect that to be the only place you discuss what you see. We won’t be making people sign NDAs, but we are asking everyone on their honor :pray: to keep a tight lid on things. If we see any leaks, we’ll have no choice but to rethink how we run the beta program.

Thanks, friends, for reading and bearing with us! We are so, so close.

133 Likes
Concerning BETA leaks
< One week away
Beta tomorrow?
What have I missed?
Important threads
What's your first BYTE going to be when it comes out?
Help i woke up in japan
[SOLVED] Beta: Disclosed agreement?

AYE Let’s go!

12 Likes

Thanks for the awsome info cami_p! :smile: :+1: We appreciate all you’re doing!
Everyone join Discord if you haven’t already: https://discordapp.com/invite/PwnuGpN
(Lol, I forgot to add the discord link, thanks for tellin me faizal.)

14 Likes

YESSSS!!! SO CLOSE! I can’t wait!

7 Likes

HYPEE! :speak_no_evil::speak_no_evil:.
So closeee

6 Likes

HYPE Can’t wait!

7 Likes

This is cool🌑

4 Likes

ok, this is epic
credit. @FaizalDawx

9 Likes

Thank you cami :))

Everyone should join the community discord
Discord Link: https://discordapp.com/invite/PwnuGpN

18 Likes

O SHOOT! gotta read all of this

3 Likes

Join discord

3 Likes

YEsssss hypeee

4 Likes

16 Likes

Hyped for byte :slight_smile:

5 Likes

im not getting an invite but i really hope this goes well! im so excited for everyone that will get in.

4 Likes

This family is so great we are so close to end game (avengers aswell ) all I want to say is thank you so much for making the app spending countless hours on it . This is amazing thank you #ByteFam

6 Likes

thanks for the amazing info Cami! it is greatly appreciated!

3 Likes

Thanks for the information. To all the lucky testers, stress the app so we can have a near perfect app​:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

5 Likes

Ayy thanks for the post Cami!! :smiley:

5 Likes

good lord i was about to go to sleep and I was so tired but now I am PUMPED!
GUYS WE ARE SO CLOSE, IT IS HAPPENING!
Thank you for the update Cami :pray:t6:

8 Likes