the byte community forums

BRAND NEW V2 GAME: Shiritori!

ALRIGHT HERES HOW TO PLAY

So, somebody will gives us our first word (probably first response.) Let's say the word he chose was "robot."

That means that the next person must respond with a word that starts with the same letter the last response ended with.

Meaning that, the next person could possibly respond with “tree” since it starts with a “t”, and robot ends with a “t” as well.

ALRIGHT HERES THE RULES

1.) You cannot reuse the same word another response has already used.

2.) It has to be ONE word. For example, “video” works, but “video game” does not.

3.) It must be a type of noun (common, pronoun, proper nouns, etc.)

4.) The next word’s response is actually the last letter that make sound. For example, if someone said “message,” the next person would have to respond with something starting with “G” since the letter “E” didn’t make any sound.

Simple, huh? Let’s see how far our responses go until we can barely think of any more words…

Lets play word chain

Sleigh
(Which was the last letter that made sound lol)

igloo
(I guess, without the “i” it’d sound like “Sleh”)

Ostrich.

Channel …

I am so confused and I’ve read the thing over so many times :upside_down_face::upside_down_face: is it going of sound or spelling

election

I got confused as well…

But after seeing replies I think I get it :thinking: With the sound part, I think if a person’s word ends with a letter that is silent, just go with the letter that you actually pronounce

Such as with message, you don’t say mes-uhg-eeee. You just say mes-uh-g.

So therefore your replied word will be a G word that isn’t an adjective/descriptive word, only a noun that is actually subjective

Ohhhh ok

So if Im playing correctly I think I go off the letter not the sound… so niagra

I think you should start with “un”. Coz the sound in the end was “un”.

Okay I’m confused as well xD

well if it’s elect-ion(un), then it should be like undulate or something

Ok well sooo undone

neighbor

I still don’t get it :laughing:

radappertization

nail

(JUST TO CLEAR UP THE CONFUSING STUFF:

The last letter pronounced is the one you start with, not the last sound effect.

For example, “channel” can have the response of “letter” but not “election” since the last letter is “l” and not “e” SORRY IF IT WAS CONFUSING, but its a real japanese game so lol)

language (is that okay?)

gorilla!