Book recommendations?

Anybody on here a bookworm? If so, I’d love some book recommendations. Or maybe we can just talk about our favourite books. :books:

I’m not a huge reader these days, but I do love a good book, whether it’s a novel or non-fiction.

So, here are the books that really impressed me:

Jurassic Park (Yes, it really is that good)

Almost anything by Michael Crichton

The DaVinci Code (Shit movie but awesome novel)

Ogilvy on Advertising (I reckon that this book is the only training anyone needs on how to create effective ads)

Almost anything to do with Enigma, or WW2 in general

Just about anything by Edgar Allan Poe

Selling Hitler by Robert Harris

The Keys of Egypt by Lesley and Roy Adkins - the story of how Hieroglyphs were actually decoded (no, Virginia, it wasn’t the Rosetta Stone)

Moneyball by Michael Lewis (the film was also really good, and I don’t really like baseball!)

I’m interested in anything about Jack the Ripper, but Patricia Cornwell’s book, Portrait of a Killer, was particularly good. She thinks that Jack the Ripper was Walter Sickert. It’s the most interesting theory but I don’t put any special weight on it. If anything it just ignites the imagination.

Speaking of Jack the Ripper, you absolutely must read the graphic novel, From Hell, by Alan Moore. It’s one of the most gripping works of modern fiction ever written. Trust me. If you can’t get a hold of it, send me a message.

Dune by Frank Herbert (Bonus: you get to see stuff that George Lucas was directly influenced by)

I think that’s it for now… :wink:

tHe BiblE

Not gonna lie, that’s not a bad idea :sweat_smile:

My favorite book of all time is Artemis Fowl you guys should check it out :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m a huge fan of Tolkien, The lord of the rings is my favorite but I love The Silmarillion to read about the events long before lord of the rings :smile:

I’m more fact than fiction but there’s a really great book called ‘The Rule-Breakers Guide To Social Media’ if anybody wants to check that out :smile:

Thanks for those recommendations! I actually just bought Dune!!

I adore the Hobbit :slight_smile:

Oh I’ll look it up! Thanks

Welcome to bible study

These are just some recommendations, I’ve read more (surprisingly), but these are the best of the best:

If you’re interested in romance, Me Before You by JoJo Moyes is pretty great

Non fiction - The diary of Anne Frank had me sobbing

Crime thriller - Eeny Meeny by M.J Arlidge

And a series would be The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis

I bought me before you but haven’t read it yet! I’ll let you know what I think of it

The diary of Anne frank will forever be one of my most favorite novels :sob:

Perks of being a wallflower, it’s kind of a funny story, any book by Ellen Hopkins

Make sure you have tissues and your bed when you’re reading the ending, you won’t stop crying.

I just finished One of us Is Lying and it’s SO GOOD.

It’s sort of a breakfast club murder mystery book. I loved it. :slight_smile:

Did you hear they’re making another film adaptation of Dune?

Yes, and I think it’s going to be great. Books are the best way to tell stories, IMHO, but cinema is great stuff.

Yeah I like books and films but when the film has been adapted from a book, the book is almost always better :slight_smile: